• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Panzers - Anyone actually know how to use them?

German tanks

German tanks

actually the german tanks in RO are better protected in reality than they really were. And to people talking about optics its bull****! I never use the distance elevation when I shoot from tanks. Actually I find the German sights crap for the reason that the large triangle actually obstructs visibility and carefull aim. Raising the gun and calculating the elevation in my head is simply the faster and more precise method of gunnery in RO. Any longshot that I miss is easily transferred to a hit next after "measuring" the distanse with the first shot.

To all german tankers my sincere condolonses. In a t-34/76 in Krivoi Rog I usually take out 3 tigers and 5-9 Panzer IV and Stugs at the cost of 1-2 tanks. The skill of the tankers in RO is really crap but even when there is a skilled german tanker the bad fighting qualities of german tanks become more and more apperant. Especially in Krivoi Rog I can elude the germans simply by using natural cover and driving fast. If I see more than 3 german tanks at one place I usually destroy all medium panzers first then drive to the Tiger and basicly dance around him so that I get a rear shot (which usually hits the ammo) or a side shot to the engine or ammo. The Tigers have nothing on me unless they are on a hill or with 3-4 bodyguards of Panzer IV. If everyone would realize the futility of shooting at tigers from a distance and actually use my tactics, there would not be a single instanse that the Axis side could win a single match in KrivoiRog.

Upvote 0
If you got a buddy system going, you could have one guy decoy, and run behind the tiger causing it to turn to keep from getting shot, while you can take aim on them when they start turning. If your lucky, you might even be able to flip the tiger onto its side if you ram it just right. KV1S actually does pretty good on Krivoirog except for the occasions where you can't aim lower enough to hit something. Too bad the Russians don't have a KV1B for that map, though I guess that would give the Russians a "tiger."

Upvote 0
If hes angled & not moving, just angle the tiger at 10:30 or 1:30 so that hes shooting at you & its bouncing off, then you can aim at his tracks (not sure if he would be more effective than ap for taking out tracks btw) so that the rest of your team can flank him. Just firing AP at him isnt going to do anything if hes angled.

Or you could try flanking yourself, but the tiger is best at providing supportive fire while the p4's move in.

Upvote 0