• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzerfaust problems

Angle is important..
but "explode like it should" - you got me here ??

How do these things explode, I know zulch about these things but imagine it has a exposive accelerator that is detonated on impact, driving a shaped charge explosive into the armour.

I say this as the warhead travels sooo slowly.. maybe I'm wrong - Should look it up though but am a bit lazy - heh heh

Upvote 0
My only gripe with the Faust is that it's so ****ing hard to kill infantry with it, if you miss them and hit the floor near them you just give him a free rocket jump!
They don't die, the player hit (or near) just hurls in any direction, often forward or upward :eek:

Its a shaped charge not some HE ball. If you miss someone with it he shouldn't die :p.

Its weird that fausts can deflect of armour so easily though

Upvote 0
I believe original poster means so called ghost fausts (as tanks had (or still have?) the problem that even if you fired the main gun it didn't fire the projectile), that especially when you fire "too fast" the sound and animation and everything is played, but the faust is not really fired.

I can confirm the fact that it is not always angle related, even when you shoot to a zero degree angle aimed to a weak spot sometimes its same as you didn't even fire the faust.

Upvote 0
Its a shaped charge not some HE ball. If you miss someone with it he shouldn't die :p.

Its weird that fausts can deflect of armour so easily though

I know that, but why the fux would he rocked jump because of it? :D

In any case , if you it real close near the ground they die, but if you hit semi near they just fly in a random direction

Upvote 0