• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzer III vs. T70

gimpy117

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
Im wondering whats with the penetration on the 50mm of the KwK 36 L/45 vs the front of the T-70

I've noticed, when shooting down a hill, at less than 200M, the sloped fron armor bounced the AP shot every time...even at the drivers hatch

if I read correctly, the PzGr round should go through at almost 1000M with a 0 angle should go through

what gives?, a down hill shot at 200M should be almost zero angle, and at 200M should be deadly

this was all Vs. bots

for reference, the natural sloping of the t-70 is 60 degress, so if you're shooting at it at a 0 degree angle the slope's going to look like this ;)

this (can someone tell me how this forum keeps eating youtube links?)

that said, the front armour is about 33-34mm effective thickness before sloping, but because of panzer 3/4's terrible slope coefficient this gets really bad between 45 and 60 degrees - if you could engage him as you're going down a hill and he does likewise you should be somewhat ok, although even then you're making sacrifices to the RNG gods that the shot cripples his engine or something and pins him down in a good spot. If you're shooting at the driver's hatch however (68mm taking into account hardness difference), that is thick enough that the panzer 3's shell will shatter on the spot, bringing its penetration down to about 60mm - you'll be hard-pressed to penetrate that even if you're ramming the thing.

tl;dr - don't shoot the driver's hatch, don't engage the front of the tank at any really bad angles, I need to upload a summary and detail of the AP mechanics I was working on

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a really long fight on Barashka the other day. I was in the Panzer III and met an enemy in the T70. I don't know if we were in some kind of special sloped positions or whatever but we both fired pretty much ALL of our AP rounds at each other before I finally won with 2 rounds left, lol. :D:IS2:
I dont have problems blowing the Panzer 3 up but the T70 is nasty. Its far easier for me to kill T-34s than those small bunkers. They just dont die from the front and hitting the sides is hard to do. Most maps i encountered them there isnt much flanking.

Upvote 0