• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzer General 2

I've got no clue, but one very cool feature is that you download maps on the fly when you need them.

No need to download gigs of maps in one package, it'll automatically download a the needed maps, either in a bulk for one campaign or in-between each battle.

Nice I like that, I am guessing it is also much easier to swap campaigns and equipment files now. After a while, I'd get confused as to what equipment file I had loaded for what campaign, along with what flags, and icons, etc, etc. I hope thay made that easier, still love that game.

Upvote 0
Panzer Corps' graphics looks lovely, and coming from Slitherine you know its quality and depth. But personally I've never been a big fan of the series, the isometric view with units looking like toys kind of puts me off.

Maybe there's a mod/option to have units represented by counters like in War In The East (http://www.matrixgames.com/products/372/details/) and still keep the depth that obviously is there.

Upvote 0
So I've been playing Open General for the past few days and I am impressed. They've done a great job, so easy to use, easy to switch between campaigns and equipment files.

When you go select a new campaign the respective equipment file is loaded with it, and it can automatically check for any maps you don't have and need and will download them for you.

The amount of options you have now, as far as setting changes are huge compared to what it use to be, not to mention you can load mp3s to play your music now. Though I do miss the original PG2 background music.

I am playing several different campaigns right now and having a great time.

Upvote 0
So I've been playing Open General for the past few days and I am impressed. They've done a great job, so easy to use, easy to switch between campaigns and equipment files.

When you go select a new campaign the respective equipment file is loaded with it, and it can automatically check for any maps you don't have and need and will download them for you.

The amount of options you have now, as far as setting changes are huge compared to what it use to be, not to mention you can load mp3s to play your music now. Though I do miss the original PG2 background music.

I am playing several different campaigns right now and having a great time.

I'm glad you like it! :)

Upvote 0
Hello....help me.
I am an player of PG2 and about 10-15 years ago and used to play until the wee hours...show up late for work and couldn't wait to get back home to do it all again. I've tried to read whatever material is out there to access all the user made campaigns that are still sitting in websites. I've downloaded campaigns and maps and did DatUps but other than 7thArmee (which is wonderful) haven't had much success. I'm missing something..., I love the game and would like to lose myself in some of the endless game add ons that people have created but every time I think I've made a step forward it doesn't seem to work. I think it has something to do with the Equipment file but when I add the equipment file that comes with the campaign the game doesn't start.
I'm looking for someone to talk to me like I'm five years old and hopefully has patience. I have a PG2 v1.02 that has Datup (the opening screen is different).
Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0