• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Package export fail

NorthDumpling

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
So, I really wanted to place cycloramic on another map, I started using Brecourt cycloramic, but it still had references to existed package and didnt let me do that, so matter what I do.
And suddenly I had and idea that I could export package to another map without loading it and everything will be alright, but when I did that, my another map suddenly started to have a weight of 1kb, but not 129mb, OMG HOW THE ****.
Life for real, I supposed there will be no fence of doing that to un-loaded map, and seems that export cycloramic thing have replaced my map.
Bravo RO2! 5 hours of work ruined!
Arlright then, its not fixable, pleae close the thread.

Last edited:
If i understand you correct and if i remember correct from old days, you CAN NOT use and external package from (lets say a custom map), use it on your map and resave the package.

you always need to save custom assets inside your Map Package File. Also just copy paste does not work. You need to import the meshes from scratch, as far as i know.

Ooh well, I had my own Brecourt uncooked version and looks like I made a mistake. Well anyway, thank you.

Upvote 0
you also can create your own custom package (that is not your map-package). but its need to be created by your own.

Also important to know, Assets just stay in your Level Package as long you place them in your level. RO2-SDK always makes a clean up and deletes everything, that is not used.

hope that helps.
and if you have trouble with exporting and importing assets. check out Unreal 3 Import and Export tutorials Videos. The mostly the same for SDK.

Upvote 0