• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Pacific Tanks

Pacific Tanks

• Ha-Go

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Type 94 TK

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Chi-Ha

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Te-ke

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • M3 Stuart

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • M4A2 Sherman

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • LVT A(4)

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • LVT A(1)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Flame tank variants

• Wooden board upgrades

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Spaced armour upgrades

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Bamboo AT pole

• Total voters

ProLabGamer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 16, 2015
I know tripwire had tested tanks, and a lot of players shoot down the idea of tanks for the Pacific maps, but there is a sweet spot of tank balance that we should consider. The Japanese used tanks as infantry support, while the Americans used tanks for destroying obstacles and fire support.
Here is my idea for balance.

Ha-Go(flame tank and regular) or Type 94 Tankette
Chi-Na or Te Ke

Now Pacific Maps are cluttered and I don't expect them to be redone if tanks are added so that's why I am try to use smaller tanks like the Type 94 "tankette". Also small tanks require less modeling

M3 Stuart(flame tank and regular) or LVT A(1)
M4A2 Sherman or LVT A(4)

The Sherman is op compared to Japanese tanks but the Japanese had a secret weapon, bamboo sticks with magnetic AT mines at the end. This weapon destroyed a lot of Shermans and Stuarts but required sometimes a one way trip for the user.

I believe that giving the Japanese AT poles would balance the American tanks, and a upgrade for the American tanks would be wooden boards ,that can be destroyed, that are placed on the tank hull. The Japanese tanks have bad armour so for them spaced armour plates on the hull,( as the Japanese Army forbid place plates directly onto government property). The plates would not be that thick, only 10mm-20mm thick.

I choose LVTs as a secondary option because the Americans didn't use that many types of tanks, and the other types were only used in Alaska. S000,
I used LVTs instead. This would be balanced as long as the American infantry or marines don't get 50.cals .

The number of tanks per map would depend varying from 3 tanks to 18.(Note not the number alive at any time but the number of reinforcements)
I think a max of 2 tanks alive at any time, but that's just my idea.
After the tanks ran out you would have to switch to another class.

:IS2:

You realize TWI will never do any more drastic updates again right? It's up to us modders to do everything.

Unfortunately because nobody has the time or resources, there is and will only be one tank:
the lazy unfinished Type 95 Ha-Go that they left in the game files.

They were also planning to add the Lunge Mine, but never got anything aside from a few code references and a weapon select icon:
63d88e290a.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0