• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release Pacific Armor

As much as I'd love to do that, Tripwire is incredibly strict about using copyrighted content, so anything from another game is an automatic no.

And another problem: I can't even reuse the existing RS sounds. Every time I try to make a custom voice packages the game crashes. I can't debug it because the code for loading voice packages is native.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you ever going to implement the type 97 20mm AT rifle or the type 4 70mm AT rocket launcher for the japanese? With the current developments right now, once the US gets their tank online and the bazooka the US will always win a map with a tank. Since the m3 stuart will easily sit back where the japanese cant attack due to combat zone restrictions or flamers, tank HE, mgs will cut down any banzai charges that attack the tank.

All these weapons still gives both sides a level playing field since the type 97 must aim at a US tank weak points or the fact it must deploy to shoot the darn thing which is no easy matter as RO2 attest to the AT Rifle. With the type 4 rocket launcher it is still beaten by the bazooka in utility since a bazooka is shorter which means it can easily be shoulder fired in crouch or standing position.

While the type 4 its unwieldly long at 4'10" feet even more since the IJA soldier is smaller than your average US GI (around 5'3" feet was the average according to Forrest Bryant Johnson in his book phantom warrior), the type 4 must deploy in order to fire. Also since the type 4 will be stronger than the bazooka which might take 3 rounds to destroy a type 95 in game at its strongest armour point whereas the type 4 might take 2 to kill a stuart, you can make the reload time even slower so the japanese lose that advantage.

One thing I notice is that maybe the engineers can show up for the japanese side when they defend on tank maps where they are facing US tanks. Giving them access to the lunge mines as well peppering them at the ammo refill gives the japanese universal access to the AT weaponry and restricting the AT roles to maybe one or two for the japanese team with the specific type of weapon restricted on the map so some they get access to type 97 and some type 4.

Upvote 0
I tried to run the mod on a game server. Managed to install the map and run it. German transport spawned instead of ha go so mod wasn`t activated. I used typical way of activating mods through the web admin : ?mutator=PacificArmor.PacificArmor
It didn`t work. I assume that there should be config .ini file like in some other mods in order to run it on a game server. Ducky would be the best person to help you and give you some info on how to get it working.

Upvote 0
I tried to run the mod on a game server. Managed to install the map and run it. German transport spawned instead of ha go so mod wasn`t activated. I used typical way of activating mods through the web admin : ?mutator=PacificArmor.PacificArmor
It didn`t work. I assume that there should be config .ini file like in some other mods in order to run it on a game server. Ducky would be the best person to help you and give you some info on how to get it working.

Proof in the attachment! :D

Attachments

• 2015-08-18_00001.jpg
    2015-08-18_00001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I put the halftrack there so people would know there's something wrong instead of just nothing showing up.

?mutator=PacificArmor.PacificArmor

This mutator is a bit different, you need to put ?mutator=PacificArmor.RSPA

The whole syntax is <u file>.<class name>, it's just that people usually name their classes the same as the .u file.

I did include a config file by the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First time I hear about custom maps making server unranked and we have been running them from day one. Mod, yes but not map.
Next step is putting map and mod file on redirect and testing if it works.
If it does then we could test it on full 64 slot RS server. Problem is that the Allies can`t even scratch Ha-Go that stays in safe distance, protected by infantry. Hope Bazzoka comes soon.
Good thing is that server didnt crash during the test and we played the map a few times in a row.

Upvote 0
I think I have a file issue. Are the files on the steam workshop or the files on that other mod website the most recent?

Or it might be that only some files are good to be sent by a redirect?

I recall in the back of my screwy brain something about redirect servers not sending some files.

Getting players crashing when trying to get to the server when the Pel map is on.

I thought it might be because of mis-matched files.

Upvote 0
1. Sever selection screen is lacking Ha Go picture, present in off-line mode. Any ideas why?
2. Some bugs - after respawn tank`s front mg has a simpler scope, it changes to more advanced one when you change sits. Rear one remains the same (simple) all the time.
3. Last picture taken after changing to driver sit. Happens sometimes mostly after switching from mg position.

Attachments

• 2015-08-20_00001.jpg
    2015-08-20_00001.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-08-20_00002.jpg
    2015-08-20_00002.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-08-20_00004.jpg
    2015-08-20_00004.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-08-20_00003.jpg
    2015-08-20_00003.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I think I have a file issue. Are the files on the steam workshop or the files on that other mod website the most recent?

Or it might be that only some files are good to be sent by a redirect?

I recall in the back of my screwy brain something about redirect servers not sending some files.

Getting players crashing when trying to get to the server when the Pel map is on.

I thought it might be because of mis-matched files.

I didn`t manage to get redirect working too. It downloaded all the files but then game crashed. I don`t think it`s mis-matched issue.

Upvote 0
1. Sever selection screen is lacking Ha Go picture, present in off-line mode. Any ideas why?
2. Some bugs - after respawn tank`s front mg has a simpler scope, it changes to more advanced one when you change sits. Rear one remains the same (simple) all the time.
3. Last picture taken after changing to driver sit. Happens sometimes mostly after switching from mg position.

I have never seen any of those errors before. Are you getting the most updated version? Are you replacing all the files with the newer version?

Upvote 0