• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release Pacific Armor

I know this may be opening a can of worms (considering how peeved he was when he left) but could the tanks be added to Drecks' Bataan map? The opening external shot from my video has the tank from that map sitting in the rice field, plus when I saw the map it made me remember how wide and open it was. Possibly perfect for longer range tank battles, if there is no drama regarding it's use.

While talking about my Britishness needs to stay in the HotW thread, I quite coincidentally also happen to speak Japanese. As in I'm intermediate in my skills, not someone who picked up bits and bobs from anime. If I use the mics at the Uni, would you maybe want a stopgap bunch of lines to replace the German ones from the tank? I admit my accent wont be perfect, but it would be better to hear the guy yell ???????? as opposed to "RECHTS!"
This is if I have time with my Uni resits though.

Upvote 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3L_01r0BHw

Not sure if that will work, but here is VIDEO!

EDIT:
Added anotations to the video pointing out the fact you can look out the sides of the hull MG point. Superb feature, plus really does make this the best damn tank MG in the game right now.

Also I'm kinda flattered people are wanting me to do VOs for stuff, but that's for other threads. Lets focus on the tanks, funky AT weapons and cool new small arms here.

Dude, I laughed so hard at the end of your video :D But I agree with you, I want to see the new content more that polishing all the stuff inside the tanks. :)

EDIT: Here's a link to the hi-res logo I've made for this. Random, I've sent you two messages, but it seems that they didn't go through or something.

Link: http://i.imgur.com/nfTBKpo.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:

This is wonderful. I hope the current crop of mappers see this and edit the work into current and future maps.

But let's say for example a server operator wished to engage the mod. It looks like you could insert it into the appropriate
subdirectory, and one could modify the loadmap statement manually. But if the current map running didn't utilize the mod, my hope would be that no unseemly "belch" would result on the client or the server?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been having some problems with the bazooka (my theory is it doesn't register the weapon in the role class, so I was running around with no arms, added a pistol, and it spawned with that in my hands, no bazooka). So while I figure out why this is happening, not much will be going on on my end. (Most of it is polishing up the other weapons at the moment.)

Upvote 0
:)

Great. I'd love to see this mod formulated into something with the flexibility of the HoW mod. One could seamlessly place it's elements into client, server, and redirect. If a given map called for the elements of the mod, it was pulled in from any of those sources as needed. That's why HoW was so incredibly easy to implement for anyone, including server operators.

Upvote 0
:)

Let's use the WF/HOW mod as an example. In the Redirect server, the mod content is dumped in there right along with the map .roe files. There are.u files and .upk files of every description. Any part of a mod the map calls for come in from there if it isn't already on the clients computer from workshop.

As for the game server, the WF mod parts are contained in:

ROGame/BrewedPCServer/(associated .u files go here)Packages/(textures_vehicle_packs.upk go here)WFGame/(more associated .upk files)

The folks that really know the chapter and wrote on this stuff are the folks
at the HoW mod thread in here. They had all the parts arranged in stacked
directories ready to be poured in the server. Your situation looks like it requires fewer parts and should be simpler to place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0