• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release Pacific Armor

RandomPerson78642

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
USA
ofaiYJol.png

Pacific Armor is a modification for Rising Storm that adds vehicles to the existing maps.

Inspired by the unfinished Type 95 Ha-Go left in the game files, we have fully restored it and brought it back in-game, as well as a plethora of other unused tanks and vehicle supplements!

In the future we plan to add completely brand new content, including:

- M3 Stuart Light Tank
- M1A1 Bazooka
- M3 37mm Anti-Tank Emplacement
- Lunge Mine
- Multiple skins for the Type 95 Ha-Go, including jungle camouflage
- Type 4 Ke-Nu

Changelog:

Pacific Armor v1.01 (11/1/15)
  • Added new map
  • Added new skin for the Ha-Go
  • Updated files for online server compatibility

Pacific Armor v1.00 (8/17/15)
  • Added Steam Workshop support for easy installation
  • Fixed the tank crew speaking German
  • Added new machine gun model in first person
  • Removed collision from various small map props to make navigation easier

Pacific Armor v0.00 (8/6/15)
  • Initial Release

Last edited:
Just gave this baby a whirl and I was really impressed with how smooth it ran. Tank functions "out of the box" just like any other tank in RO2 and to be honest, the absence of position changing animations was nice. Really looking forward to seeing this on a larger scale and with other players.

Some Screens from my maiden voyage in Ha Go:
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Gonna try this out ASAP and see how it feels :D

Post some screens later if possible :D

EDIT: Well, the tank feels quite nice and the transition seems good. There are some issues that I could see, like the AI machine gunners not firing while you are the commander and taking the main gun. Also, it seems that machine gunners have quite a lot of ammo (almost 26 clips to spend in one MG turret).

Noticed that there is no reload sound for the MGs (and the reload seems to be rather fast).

The command sounds will definitely need to be recorded, but that's probably the very last portion you guys will do.

As for the American AT-class, I like that you gave him the M1 Carbine. It's lighter that M1 Garand.

This will be a nice modification of Rising Storm and will change gameplay quite a lot when it's finished. I just wish that TWI and AMG did this a lot earlier :D

Attachments

• 2015-08-05_00001.jpg
    2015-08-05_00001.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-08-05_00002.jpg
    2015-08-05_00002.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-08-05_00003.jpg
    2015-08-05_00003.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-08-05_00004.jpg
    2015-08-05_00004.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feels just as good as it was with the previous version that was dug out of the files, only this time slightly better with that rather nifty Japanese MG scope (no more horrid I-cant-see-anything DP placeholder). Really like how fast this little tank moves.

The turret MG seems a bit odd in that when you enter it the turret realigns and the tank then goes for a small walk, but I guess that will be fixed at some point.

Will the driver / commander ever be able to open their hatches? I know modeling the inside of the tank is WAY more to ask than realistically doable, but having that extra bit of awareness would be cool at some point.

Highly anticipating the bazooka :)

Upvote 0
Feels just as good as it was with the previous version that was dug out of the files, only this time slightly better with that rather nifty Japanese MG scope (no more horrid I-cant-see-anything DP placeholder). Really like how fast this little tank moves.

The turret MG seems a bit odd in that when you enter it the turret realigns and the tank then goes for a small walk, but I guess that will be fixed at some point.

Will the driver / commander ever be able to open their hatches? I know modeling the inside of the tank is WAY more to ask than realistically doable, but having that extra bit of awareness would be cool at some point.

Highly anticipating the bazooka :)

And sniping his little head when he pops out of the hatch :D

I also can't wait to see other little nifty thingies, like the M2 Carbine, M1A1 Thompson (my favorite :D), as well as the Bazooka, AT guns and Stuart tank :)

EDIT: I'll see if I can find a nice screenshot from The Pacific so we can make a small logotype for this mod :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No idea why but this mod didnt work, IOM, HotW and alot maps are still working for me.:(

Are you entering the command line to load the map?

EDIT: Just read over the planned stuff. The Type 4? That would be funky. If you got that turret on it, would a Chi-Ha be out of the question at any point?
I admit I read it as a Type 94 Te-Kei and got excited for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you entering the command line to load the map?

EDIT: Just read over the planned stuff. The Type 4? That would be funky. If you got that turret on it, would a Chi-Ha be out of the question at any point?
I admit I read it as a Type 94 Te-Kei and got excited for the wrong reasons.
No what command is it?
EDIT:Found the command but when the map was loaded i could be a spectator because the usual gui was gone and if i pressed esc i was on the main menu.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the AI machine gunners not firing while you are the commander and taking the main gun.
You need to enable that option in ROGame.ini, or order it manually.

The MG is the Type 99, which has a very small mag size. To counter that I gave it lots of mags and a very fast reload time.

The Stuart will have a huge box mag, but a really long reload time.

Will the driver / commander ever be able to open their hatches?

I was actually planning to do that at the start, but I canned it since I couldn't get the animations working.
The character climbs out just fine, but the hatch would stay closed.

Upvote 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3L_01r0BHw

Not sure if that will work, but here is VIDEO!

EDIT:
Added anotations to the video pointing out the fact you can look out the sides of the hull MG point. Superb feature, plus really does make this the best damn tank MG in the game right now.

Also I'm kinda flattered people are wanting me to do VOs for stuff, but that's for other threads. Lets focus on the tanks, funky AT weapons and cool new small arms here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0