• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Ossius' G41/misc bug report. (with video!)

Ossius

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Ossius' G41 Bug report. - YouTube

As you can see the G41 is beyond buggy. You put 5 bullets in, you get 10. You fire one shot, you place two bullets in minimum.

Also, if you alt tab the game and come back, your minimap will be green as well as sniper scope lens.

If you mount a Heavy machine gun emplacement and hold down W/S/D/A while doing so, as soon as you mount it you'll sort of do a no clip movement before the game snaps you back in place, it is possible to pass through objects for about 1 second doing this. Really weird.

This is not a bug, only logic.

When you reload your weapon fully:
9 rounds in the magwell -> 1 round in the chamber

1 round is fired:
8 rounds in magwell ->1 round in the chamber

Reload (Pull the bolt back, then put in bullets):
8 rounds in magwell -> 0 round in the chamber (Pulling the bolt removes the bullet from the chamber)

It is all about logic ;)

About the 5 rounds in 10 rounds to fire, must be a bug xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheps
Upvote 0
I see what Luiggi is saying, yes you shoot 1 bullet but if you watch when you press reload you force the action back and another round is ejected. Therefore 2 bullets have been ejected from the magazine (1 shot, 1 not shot), so 2 bullets would be required to fill the clip again.

Althought the 5 bullets being loaded and giving 10 shots looks v much like a bug :)

Upvote 0
There seems to be confusion in the animations when the weapon is out of ammunition.

Sometimes on an expended ammunition stoppage the bolt remains closed and the character reaches to the forward end of the weapon to open the bolt.
--You can see this in the video after he fires off a full clip the first time.

Sometimes the bolt is locked open, but the player still reaches forward to open it.
--You can see this in the video after he fires off a full clip the second time.

Either the G41 required you to pull the bolt open after it had an expended ammunition stoppage, or it did not. I don't know. But weapons don't randomly change like that.

Further, after reloading, often the bolt is animated as being open when it should be closed.
--You can see this in the video after the second time he reloads a "full" clip.

Once more, correct me if I'm wrong: something I noticed with the KAR98 was strange. As far as I'm aware, you're unable to close the bolt once you've fired the last cartridge from a KAR98 -- unless you depress the magazine spring with your finger. With manual bolting on and auto-reload off, if you fire the final shot and elect to bolt the weapon, the player closes the bolt without a round in the chamber. This is quite frustruting (and unrealistic if the above is true) especially if you've managed to lose track of how many rounds you've fired, and you click dry when you've got a Bolshevik lined up for dispatching to Hades.

Wally

Last edited:
Upvote 0