• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Orchestra VS CS: Source?

Well, I just bought the game (downloading now)

I really hope that its a fun game with not too bad graphics :D

I am really looking forward to run arround like Rambo and jumping from one building to another, while shooting at the enemies! :D (joke lol)

Anyways hope to see ya all in game, and I REALLY hope I like the game :eek:

Upvote 0
In the meantime, while you're downloading, try and find dyslexci's (I can't spell it) beta preview video. It's all ingame footage, without any doctoring, so check it out. MOHAA is old (practically an antique) the graphics in RO O rock MOH's world. Seriously try and find some vids they're impressive and I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Upvote 0
Well this will come late as the OP already bought the damn thing, but I just wanted to add: if you can bear with Operation Flashpoint's (native, un-modded) graphics, you are going to love the GFX in RO:O.

The graphics are functional, in the sense that the maps are big -- some of them downright huge -- but you won't find all the latest shaders and shiners in the game.

It is way more about immersion than graphics. You feel like you are there. And when you do, you no longer think about textures and models and effects, but you think about the battlefield and its objects and the enemies trying to stop you from reaching them. :)

Okay, this post was useless. :eek:

Upvote 0
The graphics are certainly up to date. The people who call them bad are the people with daddy-sponsored GeForce-****ing-7900s and whatnot. I like to play my games with graphics crancked up with sharp picture and the FPS averaging at 45 instead of having to look at some blurry 640x480 screen with everything set at lowest because the game employs some really cool pixel shader and DX9 effects, and still not get a double digit framerate (read: Call of Duty 2 - which btw looks like **** without DX9 enabled).

Upvote 0