Orchestra VS CS: Source?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vatslav

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2006
Allright, thanks to all of you for the help. I am going to purchase and download the game now. If I dont like the GFX, I will kill you all on the field :D

But I am sure I will love the gfx as long as it is at leats as good as MOHAA :)

See ya all in game (hopfully) :)

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
Wait untill you are in an intense battle in Konigsplatz with tracers flying everywhere, bullets whizzing past, arty falling around you, you wont give a **** about if the graphics are better than CS:S. You'll be too busy immersed in a war and trying to stay alive than worry about graphics. :D

Vatslav

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2006
Well, I just bought the game (downloading now)

I really hope that its a fun game with not too bad graphics :D

I am really looking forward to run arround like Rambo and jumping from one building to another, while shooting at the enemies! :D (joke lol)

Anyways hope to see ya all in game, and I REALLY hope I like the game :eek:

Rameusb5

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 23, 2006
Don't forget to let us know what you think...

...be prepared for some tough gameplay for a while. Iron sights take a little while to adjust to.

But I think RO is hands down the best WWII FPS available today. My only complaint is we need LOTS more maps to play on.

zeroethics

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 12, 2006
In the meantime, while you're downloading, try and find dyslexci's (I can't spell it) beta preview video. It's all ingame footage, without any doctoring, so check it out. MOHAA is old (practically an antique) the graphics in RO O rock MOH's world. Seriously try and find some vids they're impressive and I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

zeroethics

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 12, 2006
Ok, the guys name is actually Dslyecxi, and he was formerly a RO dev. But any way here is the link to his preview http://dslyecxi.com/roost_impressions.html
There are tons of good detailed screeshots and two vids, scroll down to the near ed of the article and you can dl a good five minute vid that is a large size Windows media player one you'll likle it

PermenentMarker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2006
Montreal Quebec
www.coolit-online.com
I hope he is expecting for a surprise...

Because I know I was... tho I expected it and persisted.

The game is THAT different.
He will die a lot
If he keeps trying and getting use to the feel of the game...
He will love it.

And I find the graphics very good, specially if you consider what the devs were playing with.

Zath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 15, 2006
Финляндия
Well this will come late as the OP already bought the damn thing, but I just wanted to add: if you can bear with Operation Flashpoint's (native, un-modded) graphics, you are going to love the GFX in RO:O.

The graphics are functional, in the sense that the maps are big -- some of them downright huge -- but you won't find all the latest shaders and shiners in the game.

It is way more about immersion than graphics. You feel like you are there. And when you do, you no longer think about textures and models and effects, but you think about the battlefield and its objects and the enemies trying to stop you from reaching them. :)

Okay, this post was useless. :eek:

MkH^

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
Finland
The graphics are certainly up to date. The people who call them bad are the people with daddy-sponsored GeForce-fucking-7900s and whatnot. I like to play my games with graphics crancked up with sharp picture and the FPS averaging at 45 instead of having to look at some blurry 640x480 screen with everything set at lowest because the game employs some really cool pixel shader and DX9 effects, and still not get a double digit framerate (read: Call of Duty 2 - which btw looks like **** without DX9 enabled).

bobstos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2006
if you are going to be a graphics whore, go play DoD:S or something. it would probably be more your style anyways.

Heinz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2005
New York, USA
bobstos said:
if you are going to be a graphics whore, go play DoD:S or something. it would probably be more your style anyways.

that's not what he was saying or asking, and your presumption about his "style" is rather bold. all of the other postings were helpful and suggestive. yours, OTOH, was not.

don't "crap on the new guy".

Vatslav

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2006
Rameusb5 said:
Don't forget to let us know what you think...

...be prepared for some tough gameplay for a while. Iron sights take a little while to adjust to.

But I think RO is hands down the best WWII FPS available today. My only complaint is we need LOTS more maps to play on.

Well, I downloaded the game and I played it for about 1-1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
Glad you like it :)

It's only when you take a screenshot (this is a case for all games) that you think, ugh the graphics can be improved here and there. I find, in any game, i never look at the graphics and think bits can be improved. I play the game for the game, not for the graphics.