• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Option to turn off morale system?

LemoN

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
Well, I just sat back a bit and reflected on my past and present gaming days.

One thing I noticed was that (especially in clan-gaming) there already is a morale system in place. Whenever your team lost, you got killed often or you simply are pissed... you play worse. A LOT worse.

Especially in higher-skilled clangaming this is something very noticeable, as soon as your morale is gone you start to make stupid mistakes, get more hot-headed and miss those all-important shots. I don't need a tacked on morale system to give me even more disadvantages if I'm already losing, especially in clan-gaming.

Pretty please? :eek:

there are certain things that are essential to the game, and i believe this is one them. you might as well go back to the call of duties and battlefields if you want to turn this game into...that.
After reading many of your posts I can truthfully state:

You most certainly have a problem with reading comprehension.
In case English is not your native language... I apologize.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well the music can stay as people can always turn that off manually, but for competitive gaming it would be nice if for instance cap bonuses for high moral could be turned off.

Similarly in competitive gaming every team in my opinion should have an equal amount of chances to attack a cap zone, so rather than a team earning an additional re-spawn for his team after capping a certain objective all should be available to the team at the start.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought the morale would only take place in the solo campaign... !
I was wrong? :eek:

How will it be in multiplayer if there are only players (no IA soldiers) ?

AFAIK, "morale" is actually reflected in the music and in how difficult or easy it is to capture objectives. This is already kind of in RO1, where people such as officers count for more cap points and make it easier to capture objectives, symbolizing their ability to increase morale just by being present.

It sounds like they're taking this same idea and just expanding on it for RO2.

Upvote 0