• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Option to turn off morale system?

Suppression

Suppression

I don't know but the suppression effects are not convincing me. Taking DH for example, when you are under fire of a machine gun, you artificially shake a bit while in cover and aiming.

Now I don't know about you guys, but even without this artificial effect that is forced on me by the game, under suppressing fire, I am aiming worse automatically. Might as well be that I am the only one that is so deep in the game that I literally **** my pants when I am under fire!?

In regards towards the morale system for me it's basically like LemoN mentioned: If I am having a bad start, for example 0 kills and 3 deaths, I change the playing style automatically and my real morale is a bit down already, leading to me having more problems to run over open fields etc. I am actually then playing safer, trying to first survive and THEN kill...

Upvote 0
Don't worry, we added an option called bLoadTheSameOldGame. It quits RO2 and loads Ostfront.

We wanted to make sure that the game can actually be played in its pure and only true way, not with all these new and crazy features. :p
Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to the system, but with the limited info we have atm I'd like to be able to turn it off... in case I don't like it. ;)

Also, clans would be raging at you if you didn't provide that option. :p

Upvote 0
Don't worry, we added an option called bLoadTheSameOldGame. It quits RO2 and loads Ostfront.

We wanted to make sure that the game can actually be played in its pure and only true way, not with all these new and crazy features. :p

Nobody is requesting that, but certain features simply steer people to play in a certain way. Which is really good for public play as there needs to be some guidance.

However in competitive play those features can completely turn to the bad side. For instance the score system in ost front gives points for resupplying an mg ammo and for capping a cap zone. In general great because that means machine guns don't run out of ammo and people capture cap zones rather than just camp.

If leagues used points as a tie-breaker as it is by default in Red Orchestra: Ostfront then that means that a team that captures a cap zone with 10 people obtains 100 points and a team that captures a cap zone with 2 people obtains 20 points.

You want people to resupply and help team mates in public otherwise they do nothing, but in competitive play the teams will do whatever they must to win. So if needed they will resupply anyway. Effectively the outcome of a map should for a competitive match depend on whether you capped a zone and not about how many times you resupplied your mg, or with how many people you went into the cap zone.

Or in Ostfront you had to wait in vehicles before you could go off in spawn although you spawn directly inside a vehicle now. In Ostfront even in clan matches where everybody was assigned a tank generally from the get go they could not drive off due to features that forced teamwork, which actually constricted a teams ability to function rather than strengthen it.

Now I'm not saying that the morale system is the same, that has yet to be seen. But loads of features great for public gaming leading to more teamwork can be horrible and restrictive for competitive gaming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0