Option to turn off morale system?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
Well, I just sat back a bit and reflected on my past and present gaming days.

One thing I noticed was that (especially in clan-gaming) there already is a morale system in place. Whenever your team lost, you got killed often or you simply are pissed... you play worse. A LOT worse.

Especially in higher-skilled clangaming this is something very noticeable, as soon as your morale is gone you start to make stupid mistakes, get more hot-headed and miss those all-important shots. I don't need a tacked on morale system to give me even more disadvantages if I'm already losing, especially in clan-gaming.

Pretty please? :eek:

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Very likely possible on server side configuration :). I'm sure you can turn off all perks/addons/random features like Hero or Morale for clangaming.

Last edited:

Extension7

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 22, 2010
East Coast USA
www.createphpbb.com
I even get hotheaded when I'm not clan gaming! It's so true what lemon says. I totally agree with this suggestion!

It'd be good for clan matches too cause they usually have some sort of P2P communication so the other guys will hear his buddy cursing into his mic ^^

EACH SOLDIER ALREADY HAS HIS OWN MORALE SYSTEM!!! :D

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
Did the implementation of the :troll: tick a switch on your :troll:? :D

No more than you good sir, happy tidings!

Now, bend over so i may savage you with a frozen Baguette, you look positively glum, and we can't have that now can we..

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
No more than you good sir, happy tidings!

Now, bend over so i may savage you with a frozen Baguette, you look positively glum, and we can't have that now can we..
Oh at once good sir!

Although I have to say that your Baguette looks more like a Grissini. :troll:

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
there are certain things that are essential to the game, and i believe this is one them. you might as well go back to the call of duties and battlefields if you want to turn this game into...that.

Last edited:

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
there are certain things that are essential to the game, and i believe this is one them. you might as well go back to the call of duties and battlefields if you want to turn this game into...that.
After reading many of your posts I can truthfully state:

You most certainly have a problem with reading comprehension.
In case English is not your native language... I apologize.

Last edited:

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
well the music can stay as people can always turn that off manually, but for competitive gaming it would be nice if for instance cap bonuses for high moral could be turned off.

Similarly in competitive gaming every team in my opinion should have an equal amount of chances to attack a cap zone, so rather than a team earning an additional re-spawn for his team after capping a certain objective all should be available to the team at the start.

Last edited:

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
This whole morale system sounds like something that should be able to be "switched off" by a server admin. Especially for clan-minded admins who want to keep everything as "barebones" as possible, without the game itself imposing systems that limit players in uneven ways.

Nar6

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2010
France
I thought the morale would only take place in the solo campaign... !
I was wrong? :eek:

How will it be in multiplayer if there are only players (no IA soldiers) ?

hockeywarrior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The RO Elitist's piano bar
www.youtube.com
I thought the morale would only take place in the solo campaign... !
I was wrong? :eek:

How will it be in multiplayer if there are only players (no IA soldiers) ?

AFAIK, "morale" is actually reflected in the music and in how difficult or easy it is to capture objectives. This is already kind of in RO1, where people such as officers count for more cap points and make it easier to capture objectives, symbolizing their ability to increase morale just by being present.

It sounds like they're taking this same idea and just expanding on it for RO2.

Tiger2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2008
Let me get this straight, if a team dies a lot then their cap strength falls? Is that the morale system? Then I am with Lemon on this one. You see we do not need artificial overlays where the player already has a morale.

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
In Red Army, morale is always at 100% :IS2:

Seriously they should keep it for offline matches with bots though, that would be awesome.

Welshie

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2009
Australia
www.onlinedawdlers.com
For this game to bring back the Classic PC Clan Wars, there does need to be an option to turn off Moral and anything else that will give One Clan an advantage over another in a Scrim or Ladder match, So hopefully it will be a server option