• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint Thread.

The voices sound like computer generated lol. the space between the words is funny!

Well there are so many possibilties of sighting things (different types, distances, o'clocks etc) that it's impossible to make a proper sentence for every situation.
So instead they just glue the key-words together, to provide you with required info only. After a while you get used to it hehe. Hell, during firefights i dont even hear what they say cause i'm so focussed on finding the enemy :D

Upvote 0
I am actually trying to get my brother to purchase OPF GOTY for me. I had it a long time ago. About a week ago I found my Resistance cd and booklet lol. After that I started to miss it lol. I loved it, it was one of the best i have played, and really havent seen in my opinion to compare to it. Anyways, if I do get it, where would I go to download mods and the sorts for it?

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on buying OFP Resistance. I have OFP: Cold war crisis and red hammer. Believe it or not I could not find it on e-bay. I did find GOTY OFP on e-bay with all 3 in it, but anyone know ANYWHERE I can find resistance without buying all 3 again? I couldn't believe how hard it was to find. Thanks!

Upvote 0
The voices sound like computer generated lol. the space between the words is funny!

The voice system is actually amazing, it's really well done, and they've made sure the inflection is right for all the possibiities.

There is a better system for doing this now though, I work with a lot of telephone IVR companies who obviously have the same problem, trying to keep things sounding natural, the best way to do it, is basically record the word as it's being spoken within each point at the sentence, so you have the rising, mid and low inflections, but also more importantly the natural pacing of the word at that point in the sentence. If they do this in the next ArmA it'll be practucally indistinguishable from a person just reading the line.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0