• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Operation Flashpoint: Red River

I have a feeling the "tighter and more focused" means that they will take away the few good things about DR.

I think they will make the maps smaller, with simpler and shorter missions.

DR had so much wrong with it (aside from bugs) that just killed the game. But I think the ground work is there to make a decent tactical shooter.

However, I am thinking this will either go CoD on us, or just rehash the same stuff again.

Honestly, I'll only buy this game if you can put the carry handles right up to the front sight post on the M4s.

Or if they include USPs with broken slides.;)

Reactions: dogbadger
Upvote 0
But I think the ground work is there to make a decent tactical shooter.

Sure, if you undo everything Cockmasters changed about the game and make it like the origional, it would have all the potential of the origional.

But if anyone is still naive enough to belive CM will do that, after having seen what they did with DR, i will personally hurt them in ways that do not grow back.. it's for their own good you know, they have to learn.

Reactions: SiC-Disaster
Upvote 0
Sure, if you undo everything Cockmasters changed about the game and make it like the origional, it would have all the potential of the origional.

But if anyone is still naive enough to belive CM will do that, after having seen what they did with DR, i will personally hurt them in ways that do not grow back.. it's for their own good you know, they have to learn.

I'll join you.
CM and it's 'DR Superheroes' deserve no better.

Oh, and @Murphy,
CM made some trailers with Sion Lenton showing off several weapons, all of which had some kind of problem.
The M4 had it's carrying handle on the barrel for example, and i guess the USP slide was broken too then :p
That was one thing i didnt pay any real attention to, but you just can't not see that carrying handle lol.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling the "tighter and more focused" means that they will take away the few good things about DR.

I think they will make the maps smaller, with simpler and shorter missions.

DR had so much wrong with it (aside from bugs) that just killed the game. But I think the ground work is there to make a decent tactical shooter.

However, I am thinking this will either go CoD on us, or just rehash the same stuff again.

Honestly, I'll only buy this game if you can put the carry handles right up to the front sight post on the M4s.

Or if they include USPs with broken slides.;)
Meh their engine sucked. It was pretty ugly, movement felt clunky and there was nothing special about their weapons handling either (was generic fps).

And the game itself was just boring.

Upvote 0