• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about getting it, as I *kinda" enjoyed the first one, bugs or not, it was at least a bit entertaining at times.

But this, that "banter", the videos I've seen and the PCG review nailed it, no way am I getting it.

Actually thinking about reinstalling Arma2, and finally finishing that campaign... :)

Upvote 0
Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about getting it, as I *kinda" enjoyed the first one, bugs or not, it was at least a bit entertaining at times.

But this, that "banter", the videos I've seen and the PCG review nailed it, no way am I getting it.

Actually thinking about reinstalling Arma2, and finally finishing that campaign... :)

I've never played the arma campaign in the second or first arma. Just find yourself a good group, sample a few, find one that fits your desired play style and time and have a good time. ( Note, your probably going to want the ACE mod as a bare minimum ).

Upvote 0
Nah mate, you guys probably have prebriefings, subbriefings, postbriefings and debriefings, chain of command and dedicated weapon roles. Its cool, its cool, but I just wanna play the game :p

Depends on the group.

There are milsim groups who try to simulate everything about the military, including tactics, formations, communications, ranks, roles, literally everything.

But there are also groups who just play tactically without all that real-life BS. :D

Or somewhere in between is also possible.

Really, you haven't played ArmA if you've never played with a group. It's meant to be played that way. It's 300 times more fun than playing public Domination over and over again. Just try it. You can find a group here.

Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
Nah mate, you guys probably have prebriefings, subbriefings, postbriefings and debriefings, chain of command and dedicated weapon roles. Its cool, its cool, but I just wanna play the game :p

well i've played with Lemon and others here on 'anus-off' mode, and it was really enjoyable.

anyway, can we now stop derailing the Operation Flaspoint : Red River thread?

Some respect for Sion's latest tactical achievement please.

Upvote 0
Some respect for Sion's latest tactical achievement please.

120px-Pfffffffff.png

Reactions: hockeywarrior
Upvote 0
Dragon Rising is a good game, I like it. Way better than any of the CoD games could hope to be.

Thats really not very hard to do.

Meh their engine sucked. It was pretty ugly, movement felt clunky and there was nothing special about their weapons handling either (was generic fps).

And the game itself was just boring.
Actually the engine was quite solid, that was one of the good things about the game.

The reason it's terrible is because they didnt think big enough. ArmA II is great because of it's intense firefights and large sandbox-style gameplay. OFP:2 failed to get that sandbox gameplay and thats why it sucked. Also, no mod tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadrach and Apos
Upvote 0