• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Operation Flashpoint: Red River

BIS - Bohemia Interactive Studios - Is the Czech portion of the Company, and work on ArmA. Virtual Battlespace, VBS, Is made by BIA - Bohemia Interactive Australia.

I doubt they share the profits from their seperate products. :)

Either way the point was that the company makes money in more ways than just regular video games, the particular studio of that makes them is irrelivant(unless you'r saying those are independant studios).

Good stuff to know about the differences in studio names though, I usually just say BI, but had heard BIA/BIS before and not known exactly what those reffered to..

Upvote 0

I like the bandaging animation
faceg.gif

Really now, if its that easy, Codemasters should just hold up a copy of Ostfront in their face for ten seconds and BOOM! Successful realism game.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
I like the bandaging animation
faceg.gif

Really now, if its that easy, Codemasters should just hold up a copy of Ostfront in their face for ten seconds and BOOM! Successful realism game.

:IS2:
LOL yeah at least in RO2 when you bandage yourself your hands kind of disappear while you do your thing. In this your dude just stares at the bandages ... lol.

Upvote 0
Sion loves the word "tactical"... :rolleyes:

the first 30 seconds was utter crap. who would be going in some place when "the enemy knows exactly where you are and are coming in hard", from what I've learned from arma one should adapt and surprise the enemy, if they know your plan you are a step behind. basically first 30 seconds attempt at immersion = megafail.

Upvote 0
The one thing that already breaks the immersion in that game for me is that fireteams DO NOT ACT ALONE!

The smallest independent unit on the battlefield is a section, only for short periods of time will a fireteam split off of it's section to do a quick flanking manoeuvre.

And, apart from patrols, even sections usually shouldn't act alone. There's something called a platoon.

Upvote 0
the first 30 seconds was utter crap. who would be going in some place when "the enemy knows exactly where you are and are coming in hard", from what I've learned from arma one should adapt and surprise the enemy, if they know your plan you are a step behind. basically first 30 seconds attempt at immersion = megafail.

Well in Dragon Rising that didn't work because the savepoints are placed so that you will take the direct way. It basically worked like that flank and the game won't save or take the path the developers intended you to take and the game saves and be less effective.

Upvote 0