• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Operation Flashpoint: Red River

It does tell you something about the persons motivation.
Like when i see a preview video of Lenton holding a fake ill-designed M4 i'll know that the game is going to go do some things very badly. Authenticity being one of them. It's a complete lack of enthusiasm to get ANYTHING right.
But when a developer brings in a freaking tank.... What does that say about being enthusiastic?
Imo you can expect a whole lot more from those guys.
Even though they are totally unrelated to the game at hand, you can tell how a game could turn out. In CM's case, it hinted at a complete and utter failure, which they unfortunately recovered from to bring us more of the same crap.
That enthusiasm works very well for Randy Pitchford from Gearbox as well. When he talks about his games he almost shines, and he could almost sell me any game no matter how crappy it is.
Hell, i could buy My Little Pony guys when that guy starts talking about it with those twinkling eyes.
ArmA 2 on the other hand does have it's problems but it's very ambitious, and a blast in co-op no other game comes close to.
SP has more than it's share of problems but it's just something to hold you over untill you find a proper squad.
That is a completely different discussion though.
For now, lets just focus on the next failure of CM.
Nice of you to admit some of ArmA2 weaknesses :D

Btw., while I always thought you were annoying as hell when we were discussingabout the Rainbow Six / Ghost Recon series etc., I really have to agree about the OFP fail this time. I loved OFP and I even created 9543 custom missions back then and DLed/played like basically every (good) custom campaign there was. This is really a shame to the name OFP.. but then again, the series lives on with ArmA(about the quality we can discuss however), so it doesn't really matter anymore imo.

Reactions: Murphy
Upvote 0
It does tell you something about the persons motivation.
Like when i see a preview video of Lenton holding a fake ill-designed M4 i'll know that the game is going to go do some things very badly. Authenticity being one of them. It's a complete lack of enthusiasm to get ANYTHING right.
But when a developer brings in a freaking tank.... What does that say about being enthusiastic?
Imo you can expect a whole lot more from those guys.

Aye, true...

This is the pic you mean. Ivan Buchta dressed up as a NAPA guerrilla :D

SR_Ivan_Buchta_1.jpg

Reactions: ERK
Upvote 0
So basically, RR = DR with even less features. yay.

Funny to read all the rage in that thread. I bet the fan(boy)base at this point is dwindling.

Codemaggots should just give up making first person shooters, they obviously suck at it. And yet some people keep supporting them, no matter what...

Now the BIS community can say "We told you so" for the second time.

Edit: LOL!

drtattoo.jpg

That's the only reply in that thread. Beautiful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just read the article.

So, they admit they are copying MW2 and BC2. Wow. :rolleyes: What a way to get sales! "Hey, we copied these two games!"

I thought the carrying an M4 as an automatic riflemen was a joke, but I guess it wasn't. :eek:

Seems like they took what little good was in the first game and threw it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So basically, RR = DR with even less features. yay.

Funny to read all the rage in that thread. I bet the fan(boy)base at this point is dwindling.

Codemaggots should just give up making first person shooters, they obviously suck at it. And yet some people keep supporting them, no matter what...

Now the BIS community can say "We told you so" for the second time.

Edit: LOL!

drtattoo.jpg

That's the only reply in that thread. Beautiful.

Anyone that gets a bad video game tattoo is a phucking idiot, not as bad as getting your GF/BF's name tattooed but still a computer game lolz esp. a bad one.

Upvote 0
In tradition of Sion removing features from the Flashpoint series, Red River will not include a mission editor, SDK tools, or the ability to roam freely.

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...1335/424378-community-questions-answered.html[url]http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/424378-community-questions-answered.html[/URL]

StupBurn.jpg

I knew CM where idiots, and that Ofp was dead the moment it fell into their hands, but this is going above and beyond!

They may aswell turn it into a 2D Mario clone next, that's about as related to the first game as Red River will be (IE not at all, it's just milking the name, whilst trying fruitlessly to emulate other popular games that sold well).

Upvote 0
Meh their engine sucked. It was pretty ugly, movement felt clunky and there was nothing special about their weapons handling either (was generic fps).

And the game itself was just boring.

QFT.
I dont judge games for their graphic quality (I still play Warcraft II and older games). But this game is ugly as sin. Too much horrible and arcadish gameplay, for the so called "Codemaster's sim-heavy first-person shooter"

Anyone remembers those awesome screenshots and videos they used to hype the game?
This is the reality:

I uninstalled the game after the first mission and gave it to my cousin (he was more than happy, so somebody enjoyed at least) :p

Upvote 0