• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

L. O. L.

Even the extreme contrast they add to all the screenshots can't save them from looking like ***! Seriously, is this game using a software renderer from 1997? The grass looks like they're using that Voxel engine from Delta Force! :D
I think this game is going to be one hilarious f*** up when it's released, because I've yet to seen anything to prove otherwise! :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh graphics whores, you never cease to amaze me. :rolleyes:
I don't think anyone's really being a graphic whore. The problem is for over a year they released all of this computer rendered bull**** "screenshots" that looked amazing. Now that actual gameplay screenshots are being released it doesn't even come close to what the older shots looked like.

Now, if they had called the earlier renders as just renders, it wouldn't be such a big deal, but they kept touting them as in-game shots or screenshots using in-game models. I just find it hilarious.

Upvote 0
3280206616_62082a656f_o.jpg

Looks a bit swashy OK, does have a certain charm tho !

Whens the demo being released ?

Upvote 0
L. O. L.

Even the extreme contrast they add to all the screenshots can't save them from looking like ***! Seriously, is this game using a software renderer from 1997? The grass looks like they're using that Voxel engine from Delta Force! :D
I think this game is going to be one hilarious f*** up when it's released, because I've yet to seen anything to prove otherwise! :eek:
Seriously, the grass looks nothing like voxel grass, that's just a complete exaggeration. That said it doesn't look as good as grass in most games these days, but hey I'd personally rather take a hit in visual grass quality and have the game run well, unlike ArmA which both managed to look outdated and run like arse.

I'll reserve judgement until after I've played the demo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like I said, those are just 8 very early screenshots of which appears to be pretty much the same 'scneario' as shown on last years GC, meaning they're probably half a year old alreadywhereas for ArmA we've seen dozens of screenshots and ingame videos already, so I'd rather wait at least till friday when there's supposed to be some kind of a media blowout.

Last edited:
Upvote 0