• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

The movement seen on those video's remind me alot of Close Combat: First to Fight, wich sucks. Why is there no free-aiming?
Seems to me like there is gonna be either unrealistic conefire, or the ability to shoot too precise while jogging = to fastpaced and unrealistic.
It's an early teaser, don't stamp it as unrealistic until you've played it.

Upvote 0
I saw the presentation at Leipzig and it was really cool. But nothing to judge yet. The ingame-scene were VERY VERY pre-alpha. But for that it already looked pretty good tho it ran with maybe like 15fps. I like that there's no real free-aim because it somehow bothers me but I could live with it as well. Then again it's very early and it was just to give a glimpse of what it looks like.

Upvote 0
Yeah starts at 13:30 somewhere aroudn that.. I again have to put up reference to First to Fight i'm afraid, what a huge freaking crosshair does the player have in this movie! The type of crosshair size that would indicate auto-aiming to me, like in a console shooter. Just aim in the general direction and you'll be fine, is that supposed to be it?

Give me a break, they've already mentioned numerous times that all kinds of work has gone into realistic ballistics. They wouldn't bother if they were making a hitscan shooter.

You also have a problem with the movement... I think you're forgetting that both OFP and ArmA (though it's easily forgiveable for OFP since it's an old game and it was revolutionary in its time... not for ArmA though) both had ****ty ****ty player movement that was practically robotic. I think you've got your pink nostalgia glasses on.

I'm all for CM changing the movement/animations drastically. They were one of the worst things in OFP. Am I the only one who got spat out of the immersiveness every time I saw a soldier twist his neck around 360 degrees while standing still?

Good animations doesn't equal a lack of realism. Furthermore, it's pre-pre alpha and CM already mentioned they were going to have a similar (but different) aiming system to OFP's freeaim (in other words NOT a static aim). They probably just haven't put it in yet. (source is the PC Gamer UK preview)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0