• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open up workshop to gun submissions?

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
I think the spring update is pretty good, I like the map and I like the guns but it feels a little... anemic? I don't want to sound whiny but I felt like this with updates for a while... at least after that upgrade update.

I feel like it would spark a lot of interest back into the game if players are able to submit weapon models and the ones that of exceptional quality are added into the game.I think it would be cool to see official dev weapons and community weapons both added with future updates

Yoshiro;n2329816 said:
Players are free to mod guns into the game as is and they can be hosted in the modding workshop.

I dunno, I'm just worried about player retention and game life; we got two new guns
Spoiler!
a new map and some quality of life changes, when last year we got three new guns, a new game mode, two maps, and a character. If something much bigger is planned for summer than I'll feel less concerned, I know tripwire is very good at communicating and listening to feedback.

---
Is there any news on an update to the upgrade system? I could have swore I read somewhere that it was planned to be reworked in the December update but I could be wrong

I still love y'all, I still praise this game when I recommended it to people, just a bit concerned as a veteran player

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not really reworked but expanded on it.

And most of people expected this update to be more of a polishing update.
Improving launch time and shutdown time that has degraded more and more since patriarch update, Fixing long overdue bugs and visual bugs (the candles on flamethrowers have not been fixed for over 2 years now!)

Game needs operation health more than new content.
Cool that we got some new content, but we still hoped for more work done on improvements and bug fixes.
still 3 more events left so we will see.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2329825 said:
Not really reworked but expanded on it.

And most of people expected this update to be more of a polishing update.
Improving launch time and shutdown time that has degraded more and more since patriarch update, Fixing long overdue bugs and visual bugs (the candles on flamethrowers have not been fixed for over 2 years now!)

Game needs operation health more than new content.
Cool that we got some new content, but we still hoped for more work done on improvements and bug fixes.
still 3 more events left so we will see.

I agree 100% - maybe I'm just complaining in the wrong update lol

I will say on a more positive note that I do like the firebug changes a lot, and I feel the survivalist changes are pretty healthy for the perk

Upvote 0