• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open commander to lower levels after vacancy period

They'reInTheTrees!

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2020
It's infuriating to be in a game where no one is willing to command the team. This is only further compounded by the fact that there are many, many players willing to command, yet denied the oppurtunity due to their Level. I understand the reasoning, and I support closing commander off normally to low level players - BUT what if there is no high level player willing to take the commander position. We all know that having no commander effectively dooms a team to Aircraft attacks and no cohesion.

So, what do I suggest?
After a period of there being no commander, say 2 minutes or so, the level cap is lifted. This resets each and evertime the commander spot becomes vacant. This enables high-skill players to take the slot first, and if none do, then lower-level players can take it. Even a poor commander who provides AA support is better than no commander who leaves the entire team vullenrable.

Honestly, just do this. I play 10 games a day and only see commander in two or three of them, in the chance that one team has a commander and the other doesn't, they just steamroll with arty. I voiced this on reddit and got shutdown by a vocal minority but I can assure you that a strong majority of EU players are in favor, each time I complain about this in-game people just agree.

Upvote 0