• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Open Beta of Spring Update

I wouldn't look at it as Valve dragging thier feet. Steam is a pretty complex system, and any time they change the system it takes some QA time to make sure they don't break it. Imagine if they just rolled out a "quick fix" patch to Steam and broke Steam for everyone on Earth :) You'd have millions of poeple ticked off. We're getting very close to the release now, so if you can please be patient :)

You can't ask for better customer relations/support than this. Once again, Tripwire and its policies of Support and Communications prevail and set the example of how things should be handled. Even while under pressure.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
We tested this on our Beta server with a full 50 players and I have to say that this map easily supports 50 players and it could probably support more if a server could run it in 64 player mode!!
It's a cracking map to play with so many on it.

I think the "lack of tanks" you refer to are a deliberate exclusion by the map maker Slyk so the map runs as it was intended too by it's creator in my opinion even in 50 player mode.

The bugs you speak of are not game or map breaking issues and could easily be fixed after the patch release as no doubt will a lot of other minor issues that have already surfaced.;)

Upvote 0
Mike_Nomand just showed me some bugs and exploits on Berezina. The roof bug, and the forest bug. I the maker should fix it. Also, he mentioned it not being for 50 players due to the lack of tanks and big map surface.

Geez, at least get what was said correct. I never said the map wasn't for 50 players. There is floating grass. The Village C.P. Roof Exploit is back (it was fixed). There is a large group of trees nne of the second line that need fixing. It appears the Russians will not see many tanks in their areas if no tankers actually spawn. We saw the Russians get mangled a few times.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
I don't see any beta servers. Just regular ones.

There are about 5 beta servers, unfortunately, empty most of the time.

Here are some tips for those who are trying things now skipping thru the forums.

-MAKE SURE STEAM DOES NOT START/AUTHENTICATE WHEN WINDOWS STARTS.
If you're regular STEAM authenticates... YOU WILL HAVE TO REDOWNLOAD

-If you just downloaded the beta, just double click on RO and play it.
Verify will redownload... only verify if it does not work.

I have downloaded it maybe 4 times
1- First time because I want to beta test.
2- because I verified.
(I played a bit, all looks good)
3- I accidently opened the none beta steam => close => reopen the beta steam shortcut => Redownload.
4- Same mistake again.

If you played the beta without a problem. Make sure you do NOT boot the none modified shortcut of steam... You WILL have to redownload...

I have not seen a problem.

Also, to all those in North America.
Mike's server usually has people inside around 6pm to 10pm us eastern time.
Been playing there 2 nights in a row !
4vs4 is amazing tanking practice.

Mike is also a great admin, my highlight in the server was

=> Aiming my tank canon at a bot, Mike flew by in front of me going 42kmph as I clicked :D
Timing was just wonderful

Golden reply.
"What the hell is wrong with you" :eek: :D :p
Lucky me, there is no admin_slap fonction like cs:D

WE NEED MORE VICTIMS... cough cough... I ment people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mike_Nomand just showed me some bugs and exploits on Berezina. The roof bug, and the forest bug. I the maker should fix it. Also, he mentioned it not being for 50 players due to the lack of tanks and big map surface.

First off, I don't know why anyone wants to 'show' exploits or bugs but this is the first I have heard of these in the current version. I take that back, the roof was mentioned a few days ago. TWI could easily fix those issues or I would if asked. As for the forest bug, I would like a screenshot emailed to me at: [email protected] or send me a link via PM. That is the best way to tell a mapper where there are problems. Just like reporting a bug to TWI, show me and tell me what happens. Posting publicly is not a good idea as it makes all that many more people aware of the potential exploits.

The map is fine in size and tank content. It is as Butch said, how I designed it. I built it for 32 players and the majority of feedback I have read is that it plays much better with 50. As for limited tanks, they are just that. Now more than ever it is an infantry-centric map with tank support for both teams. I have not removed any tank spawns from any previous version and infact added a couple more PzIII or IV tanks to the Germans at a few locations plus a couple more half-tracks here or there. I did relocate some Russian tanks spawns to better optimize the map but have not removed nor reduced their numbers from any prior version.

Upvote 0