• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Only running one GPU when in SLI?

=GG= Mr Moe

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Very bizzare, I have been running EVGA Precision lately because I have been doing some (mild) overclocking and watching my two 8800GTs, the gpu usage and the temps. I have been playing the usual TWI games, ROOST and KF and all the mods, plus BF2BC2 and L4D2 and both gpu's get used about equally. Everything running smooth, good temps maybe maxing out around 50 - 90% usage for both gpu's depending on the game.

Started up The Ball and checking things out and I look over at EVGA Precision and gpu 1 is doing absolutely nothing, maybe maxing out 2% usage and idle temps. gpu 2 is near 100% usage. That seemed odd, so I restarted the game... same thing. Restarted the computer, same thing. I try out some of my other usual games and it is using both gpu's about evenly and I also run UT in the UDK and that is using both gpu's about evenly. It appears that this is only happening with The Ball.

I don't know if it is an error with EVGA Precision or The Ball. Just in case, I thought I should report it.

Last edited: