• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Only one voice actor per team/other missing sounds

John Lackland

Sep 2, 2011
Runnymede
Greetings. I've created a thread on this in the past in the technical support forum, not long before another user created a thread detailing his own problem with this issue. Basically, I only hear one voice actor for the Germans and one for the Soviets. All of my Germans have a sort of deeper voice, more veteran than some (though not all) of the other voices. The only reason I figured out this wasn't intended was I could hear my friends game in the background while on mic with him, with his game quite clearly having far more voice variation.

I know I'm not alone in this issue now, but I wonder how many people have this, and how many more or less know it's a bug and not intended? Example, many might not have ever once heard the other voices and just assumed that was the way the game worked, so I'm curious if this thread will reveal any more with the bug.

Furthermore, if this bug is some odd rare occurrence for me and a minute amount of other people, can we expect this to get fixed or will we just have to deal with it since we're such a minority? I'm not trying to be insulting to TWI, rather, I recognize that an issue with a severe minority is unlikely to get fixed for reasonable (but frustrating) reasons.

The other missing sounds, by the way, is my "slow death" sound effect. I'm not sure what to call it, but it's when you get a kill/hear someone else get a kill and rather than the target dying instantly, you hear him crying in pain/choking on his own blood/etc. These are absent for me in multiplayer now though they weren't always and even weirder, they still work in singleplayer. I still hear the brief cries of pain before someone dies, but not the gruesome but satisfying ones.

My PC:

AMD Phenom II Quad Core 3.4ghz
4 gigs of ram
GeForce GT220 (crappy, I know, but it works well for some reason)

Last edited:
I did this: go to My documents, My games and delete the red orchestra 2 file. i warn you, you'll have to redownload the file and therefore reconfigure all your settings, but it worked for me

Unfortunately it didn't work, but I thank you very much for the suggestion.

OP i feel your pain. I have made posts about this everywhere but nobody seems to care (people are more worried about stats). It is easy to notice that there are missing sounds in multiplayer by just playing singleplayer.

I'm moreso upset there's no word from TWI. I can understand why it wouldn't be a prioritized fix, but I at least want them recognize its an issue affecting more than one user. I wager it affects many more than just us, but alot of people probably dont realise its a bug if they had been playing with only one voice actor/no death howls to begin with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0