• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] One voice actor per team + Missing death moans

Apologies for the slightly strange request, could somebody just copy/paste their ENTIRE roengine.ini and rogame.ini files into pastebin?

I've tried deleting and reinstalling but steam is storing cloud based backups even with the cloud disabled in steam settings.

I'd be mighty thankful if any of you did, you can use http://pastebin.ca/ to upload code lines if you don't have any other website in mind.

One again, thanks for any help :)

Upvote 0
I don't even have SingleVoiceVariation in any of my .ini files. How long has it been since you re-created your .ini files? (By deleting them, then starting the game up). Could be an idea to do that.

If you don't feel like doing that then in your ROGame.ini, search for bUseSingleCharacterVariant and make sure it is set to false.

Yeah, I re-added in singlevoicevariation (which was removed and integrated into sound quality, I was just making sure it was set to false, and hadn't gone to true for some reason). And I can confirm that busesinglecharactervariant is set to false, yet even with floyd's rogame and roengine I still don't get all the voices and death moans. I'm really lost when it comes to how RO2's directory works, so for the moment I'm deleting all the voice files and verifying the game to redownload them. I can't really see how any of this could change anything though, even when I reinstalled the game and deleted everything the problem remained.

I just don't understand how this can happen, and still remain.

Upvote 0
I have a creative XiFi but it's only 2.1. AFAIK realtek doesn't do any more than stereo either, and I don't know if I can run any 5.1/7.1 surround sound programs off my mobo, let alone find any free programs that can do that.

It's especially strange as I did have these death moans in beta and early release but for the first patch of RO2 they went away. I wonder what changed...

Upvote 0
Going out on a whim here, re-create the .ini files and then don't put in the SingleVoiceVariation line. Then in the games Audio options check that Audio channels is on 128.

It's nothing to do with the sound system you're using, something may be getting muddled in the config.

Note: I only get the long death sounds maybe 5 or 6 times per match (on a full server 40+ players), but the chance of it occurring increases with less players alive. So I believe the sounds are being culled on occasion in favour of performance or they are simple not high enough priority when compared to Gun Shots and Foot Steps. 40+ players running around and shooting guns = a whole lot of sounds to cover, and the computers can only handle a certain amount at any one time.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, yeah. I'm testing it by going to the workshop and opening apartments (or some other CQB map), going as commander and ordering the team onto a corner then just heart shotting. Almost every round I get almost no death moans, but a couple of rounds ago I got heaps (the normal amount), disconnect, rejoin and suddenly they're all gone again. Using the PPSH/Mp40 and pistol (low calibre rounds). And scoring heart shots with almost every hit. The same happens for acorns and throat shots but they're slightly harder targets. I get the animations every time.

I'm currently using Floyd's inis.

Oh, and it was working when the game released, it also works fine in 64 player chivalry (same system, but death moans for almost every death).

Thanks for your help though, goddamn is this frustrating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0