• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

One Life Gamemode?

I know that RO2 had a mode called Count Down but people stopped playing it very quickly, not sure why...

Would any of you guys be interested in a One Life gamemode? I defiantly would and I think with the right maps it can be really fun.

While I think Count Down had its pros and cons, I would be more supportive if TWI focused on a Single game mode rather than 3 or 4 or what not. Sometimes I have a small window of time to play so Dying on a map then waiting 15 minutes to respawn or change maps would be counter productive to me and me a recipe for empty servers IMO.

Upvote 0
Just as FireBall said. The reason why no one plays countdown is because if you play it you will end up just spectating your team for like 10-20 minutes after playing for a couple of minutes.
No one wants to do that.

What if you limit the round to 2 minutes or even less? It forces the attackers to move fast and makes sure nobody has to watch for a terrible amount of time. CS and COD (vcod and cod2) were/are very popular and were done well, so it should be possible to do well with RS2.

I'm all for a one-life mode with reasonable settings.

Upvote 0
Considering that in this game your life is measured in seconds all you would end up doing is sitting at your computer bored until the next round when you respawned.

that's why no one played countdown.

Well Vietnam was a little more tactical. You're not a disposable Soviet that only knows suicide wave tactics. Also i hope they can implement a radio system like the arma mod task radio force.

Upvote 0