• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

On the Matter of the Latest and Coming (Future Planned) Community Updates

Just red an article by you guys which you posted on your discord, about clarifying the future plans for RS2.

In it, you mentioned some planned weapon nerfs...

In particular, I'd like to talk about 3 of the weapons you mentioned...

1. Thompson SMG: yes this gun needs a nerf for distances past 130m, needs less bullet velocity, and more drop, as well as less general precision/accuracy... please don't go crazy tho... it should still out perform in terms of per-round cartridge performance, in comparison to the m3 Grease Gun, (for relevant example), because of its barrel-length, "tapered" muzzle, and greater rate of fire provided by its bolt carrier group...

2. M1 Garand: BE CAREFUL, this gun does not need much of a nerf, aside from its ability to 1-shot kill targets, in the "extremities"... One shot torso kills at all ranges should remain a thing. That is realistic. Please keep in mind that the rifle is very powerful, but only carries 8 rounds...any adjustments you make to ALL of the weapons in game-- PLEASE make them carefully with A LOT of THOUGHT going into to the design-question: "how should this weapon perform simulated 'full-real' in battle"? If anything, the only probably I currently see with the M1's performance, is really a probably for most of your weapons OVERALL-- and would be the fact that they LACK CONSISTANT PENETRATION VALUES for objects and walls, and bullets in general do not have fully-realistic physics with respect to their kinetic energy, shape, and design--of the weapons' relevant ballistic-components and of the rounds they fire, themselves...

You guys should work on a better, "universal" system for regulate the penetration-values, of objects, object-surfaces, materials, etc... in game, because right-now, it feels like things are limited by their own set personal physics-characteristics, instead of implementing some form of global-processing, physics-engine, systems-logic... hope I am making my points clear, lol...

3. 00 Buckshot: NO, BE VERY CAREFUL...

The problems surrounding shotguns currently in game do not have to do with buckshot, but the weapon's stats themeselves...

The trench gun is remarkably accurate with buckshot at great distances (for a shotgun). This should be brought down to the current level of the SXS... The SXS on the "North" side, suffers from less accuracy than the trench gun with buckshot, but should probably suffer a bit more, when it comes to the actually pellet-spread...

Slug rounds for the SXS should do significantly more damage than they currently do, as it is currently hard to get one shot kills even with adequate "center-mass" precision, especially on moving targets...

Shorter-variant versions of shotguns are primarily the shotguns that need to be looked at and "nerfed", they do not suffer enough performance penalties for their shortened barrels, especially as they might pertain to the use of 00 Buck...