• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

On my way out

GRIZZLY

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I feel like I've generally made positive contributions to this forum even if they were in disagreement/argument with others regarding some arbitrary gameplay minutia. Really though, I've started working 50 hours a week and met a girl and quit smoking and started going out more and started exercising and eating healthy and playing violin/guitar at a serious level. I hate my job and I'm taking classes and dating and partying and byyuhhhhhhh life's short.... Since registering I've spent a lot of free time on this forum and, having participated in numerous forums over the past decade, I can say this has been the most enjoyable.

Sadly, where there used to be intellectual discourse, I find that many of the posts are flaming from the old guard Ostfronters (myself), some Flashpointers, and some disillusioned FPS boys vs. the new comers and those exasperated at the kick back TWI has received. Like an ex girlfriend, I won't make any comment on this as I leave. However, I'd like to note that even when I'm on my death bed in 30 or 40 years (with some luck), I'll remember the struggles and triumphs I faced on Leningrad and Berezina and Basovka and Smolensk and Kongisplatz and StalingradKessel and Kaukusus and ZooBunker and lord knows I'll remember every square inch of Danzig. Super Mario, Final Fantasy 7, and Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is my holy trinity of gaming and I'll cherish (almost) every moment I spent with the(se) game(s). Hopefully I'll still see some of you on the battlefield, but at the moment it seems as those this Grizzly is going gently into the night as countless others have before us. Brothers, nazdorovje and auf wiedersehen :IS2:

Last edited:
We have never met before, and probably won't again.

However despite this, as i write this, i wish you the best of luck in what you do and whom you conquer ;)

I just hope you remember this, if anything:

If you ever feel lonely, forgotten, or angry, the blokes at the TWI forums are here.

I visit here every day without fail, so i'll be here if you need me.

And one final word of wisdom:

Get out of here, Stalker!

Upvote 0
It would appear that there has definitely been a changing of the guard....

I, too, miss the intellectual banter and discourse that used to pervade these forums. As I found myself guilty on occasion of being moved to espousing brief tyrades, I tend to simply lurk now. I've guess I've finally learned that there will always be the clueless know-it-alls who insist on speaking up to let everyone know just how clueless they really are. Rare is the breed that will actually step up and put their money where their mouth is. (New-comers Mehkazzio and Ducky come to mind, as do old many of the old guard that no longer post, or, like you have moved on and are no longer with us.) Rarer still are those willing to listen and learn.

Congrats on quitting smoking. Good luck with the new lady in your life. Imo, if one's life between 20 and 40 isn't preoccupied with family, people and face-to-face relationships they are missing out on some of the best life has to offer. When your kids have grown, you're old and decrepit and have more free time, stop back by.

Upvote 0
Sorry to see you go,,,

Sorry to see you go,,,

However,I'll be right behind you.
The powers immediately remove all my posts after I log out.
I am unable to even say goodbye,to my friends because my messages are not sent.

Something is obviously happening here,and I have yet to be charged with any offense.

I really enjoyed my stay here,but if the moderators make arbitrary decisions,and then don't even inform the culprit,,,,you can have it,,as you want it,,,,,albeit ,with less people.

Have the guts to post this,,,,I DARE YOU...

AND TO LEAVE IT!!!!WHEN I LOG OFF......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel like I've generally made positive contributions to this forum even if they were in disagreement/argument with others regarding some arbitrary gameplay minutia. Really though, I've started working 50 hours a week and met a girl and quit smoking and started going out more and started exercising and eating healthy and playing violin/guitar at a serious level. I hate my job and I'm taking classes and dating and partying and byyuhhhhhhh life's short.... Since registering I've spent a lot of free time on this forum and, having participated in numerous forums over the past decade, I can say this has been the most enjoyable.

Sadly, where there used to be intellectual discourse, I find that many of the posts are flaming from the old guard Ostfronters (myself), some Flashpointers, and some disillusioned FPS boys vs. the new comers and those exasperated at the kick back TWI has received. Like an ex girlfriend, I won't make any comment on this as I leave. However, I'd like to note that even when I'm on my death bed in 30 or 40 years (with some luck), I'll remember the struggles and triumphs I faced on Leningrad and Berezina and Basovka and Smolensk and Kongisplatz and StalingradKessel and Kaukusus and ZooBunker and lord knows I'll remember every square inch of Danzig. Super Mario, Final Fantasy 7, and Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is my holy trinity of gaming and I'll cherish (almost) every moment I spent with the(se) game(s). Hopefully I'll still see some of you on the battlefield, but at the moment it seems as those this Grizzly is going gently into the night as countless others have before us. Brothers, nazdorovje and auf wiedersehen :IS2:

Hey I know what you're saying..... I quit my job, starting the new one tomorrow, my first born was premature and having issues in these last couple of weeks since coming home, marriage, trying to keep in touch with family back in Canada..... time is limited for me, so I haven't been playing RO2 much in these last two weeks or so.

That, and while Tripwire focuses on the odd performance patch here and there, and working on (what I consider) trivial GUI tweaks and modifications, I have been waiting quite a damn long time for some new content to come into the game to freshen things up a bit.... and the odd community map doesn't cut it for me.

Now I'm not going to fault or crap in the mouths of tripwire for where their priorities are right now..... but they just don't mesh with mine.

That and yes, the forums have gotten to the point that since very little new is coming out and very little seems to be making it into the game as some expect, the content and debates in here have just turned into the same recycled garbage that's been debated and flamed to death over the last few months.

I just come in here once in a while just to see if something new is coming to RO2, but I don't see much at all.

So with all of that in account, it explains why I haven't been on RO2 much recently, or these forums.

I'm not quitting the game, and I'm not going to jump on the "Hate Tripwire" bandwagon, but life is taking more of a priority over spending time in here and hammering over the same old debates, or popping online to play the same maps, with the same weapons (with nothing new for months now)

(from an old ROCA & RO Forum Vet..... I'm not gone.... I'm just on leave)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In addition

In addition

Are my ,,,,,so called posts for"MY EYES ONLY"

You might do some reflection here,,,,,,,or do you dare...

I am not going to pile on,,from your loss of people to your site,,,,I only wanted to increase it,,in my own ,,,PODIUM & HISTORICAL WAY....
You excel in all war games,I was actually been in one ,,,,,

MAN UP,,,or is it true what they say,,,,all people who play these games still live with their parents.......

I am pressing you,,just for one thing,,,,,,,WHAT DID I DO. ??????

By the way,,it's ok to live at home,,,,,,until you find your way,,,,I know....

Upvote 0