• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Error] On Linux, Dwarfs doesn't start.

Snal_Aex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 14, 2013
I use Arch Linux x86_64.
And got error:
Code:
Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Dwarves.xSteamWrapper.InitializeSteam (intptr) <0xffffffff>
  at DwarfsWindows.Program.Main (string[]) <0x00047>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

./libmono-2.0.so.1(+0xb4b68) [0xf74deb68]
        ./libmono-2.0.so.1(+0xf93c0) [0xf75233c0]
        ./libmono-2.0.so.1(+0x29cee) [0xf7453cee]
        linux-gate.so.1(__kernel_rt_sigreturn+0) [0xf776e410]
        /usr/lib32/libc.so.6(+0x8b4ef) [0xf72ca4ef]
        /home/kirill/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/libtier0_s.so(ThreadSetDebugName+0x30) [0xf5562996]
        ./libtier0_s.so(+0x14ac1) [0xf5534ac1]
        ./libtier0_s.so(+0x1d8fa) [0xf553d8fa]
        ./libtier0_s.so(+0x6dcf) [0xf5526dcf]
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2(+0xee35) [0xf777de35]

Debug info from gdb:

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries 
used by your application.
=================================================================

Aborted (core dumped)
:confused:

Same discuss on steam forum

Axis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 13, 2013
yea, i get the same error.

I tried playing with some of the mono libraries. but no luck. It's odd the game used to work fine on Linux Mint. i hadn't played it on a while but i do notice that ever since i updated steam client on mint Dwarfs refused to start. The game never worked on my main distro (Ubuntu 12.04)

Kreysig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 12, 2013
Just picked up Dwarfs?! in the humble weekly sale - but it seems that it still doesn't work on Linux. Any update Yoshiro?

Leonassan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 13, 2013
Seriously

Seriously

It's been five months, this still isn't fixed, and you still have the audacity to list this game as having Linux support?

Robin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2011
We have just done an update should be working on linux systems now. (our biggest issue is to keep track on all distros)

justin8

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 5, 2014
Apparently not yet, I downloaded the free to play version to try out the game, and it has this crash. Clearly they have no intention of supporting linux when this issue remains after so many months.