• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

OMG Steam #2 bestseller on preorders alone!

I think empire total war, dawn of war too, and so on where really high on preorders too though.
But yeah.. KF could double the sales RO made in a few years in just a year or less. It's a much more mass-appeal game and has lots of potential with patches improving it more.

Could make tons of money to fund real GAME2. :p

Upvote 0
I laughed when I read about L4D's weekend deal/freaky friday.
You'd almost think they feel threatened by KF :D

As someone else put it L4D was supposed to be the big burrito, instead we got 6 beans and sour cream. I think people are just too frustrated with L4D game mechanics (little weapon variety, linear level design, incapacitate mechanics etc) to stick with a game with suck little content.

Upvote 0
The incapacitation thing isn't bad.

The design of the very few special zombies they have, the cresenda(sp) events, the animations(the zombie animations are pretty amazing imo..) and the director ai in L4D is GREAT. But those 3 things don't make a good game alone. KF does everything better except for those 3 things. Animations I can't really comment on yet. Some in the trailer didn't look very great, but i'll have to see actual ingame.

I would have a much better opinion of L4D if it MSRP'd at $30 instead of $50. It feels like a $30 game is all.. which is fine if it IS a $30 game.

Upvote 0
My only problem with L4D right now is the lack of a meta-game, which is what KF is offering. L4D's lack of a meta-game plays directly into it's simplicity. I know in time L4D will grow in scope just like TF2 did. L4D is a hell of a lot of fun while you're playing it...it's just not fun once you 'stop' playing it. I don't quit playing L4D and go "Man I can't wait til the next time I play L4D!". And after 1 to 2 hours of L4D, I have no desire for anymore for the night. That's partly the mechanics, and partly the intensity level of versus and survival that doesn't let up until the match ends.

Upvote 0
L4D is a no brainer, got it, played it, got over it real quick.... KF, hopefully will be more of a challenged for me and the gaming comunity I play for... I like tactical, i like realism, i like a challenge that hopefully ( like RO) is what tripwire is offering:D

If the KF community becomes anything like the RO community it should be good times.

Upvote 0
I hope so!

Also why do people feel the need to inject L4D into every single post :confused:
I think (ATM) that comparisons with the unmentionable;):D are gonna be inevitable until KF is released....From reading about KF it will be more of a R6V2 but with much,much, Muuuccccchhhh better suport fom tripwire (Ubisoft for FPS suck in this department), this is why iv'e pre-ordered, mainly because Tripwire never just drop a game once it's been released, their belief that supporting a game and the modding comunity is why their games reach Cult status.....i still enjoy RO and hope to do so for many years to come....Until they release RO2 of coarse;):D

Upvote 0
Lol why you guys comparing KF with L4D? You can't even compare them. But if you have to, compare KF with L4D survival mode.
I'm looking forward to KF (only if it's uncut in germany tho) but will keep on playing L4D since i's an awesome game. Play it competitive with a team and you will notice you need a lot of tactics.

Upvote 0