• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Old Russian Sounds

I couldn't agree more. Sounds like they picked up a guy of the streets and gave him a microphone and asked him to read from a list.
There's not much emotions or feelings in the tone of voice, just flat.
Well the new ones aren't that bad but the old ones was waaaaaay better.

Perhaps the new rusky dialect is more understandable to russians than the old ones? But if i'm not mistaken I think they say the same words.

So how do we get it back the old and much more lively ruskies voices.

Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more. Sounds like they picked up a guy of the streets and gave him a microphone and asked him to read from a list.
There's not much emotions or feelings in the tone of voice, just flat.
Well the new ones aren't that bad but the old ones was waaaaaay better.

Perhaps the new rusky dialect is more understandable to russians than the old ones? But if i'm not mistaken I think they say the same words.

So how do we get it back the old and much more lively ruskies voices.

Oddly speaking, that is how the first sounds were done. New ones were done by a voice actor. And the words are not the same in all cases. They use more period correct russian.

And yes, you could create a mutator to use the old sounds, nothing is stopping you. Fairly easy to do actually if you know anything about unreal engine modding. But no, there is no official way of doing it. It would make the game to "bulky" for no good reason to have 2 sets of voice commands.

Upvote 0
I've become used to the new sounds. I like them.
But maybe that's the case. The new ones sounds too polished compaird to the old ones.

Before you and your brother did the sound recording, you where not voice actors, but both of you became one, as soon as you started recording.

Anyway. As I said I think you did a better job, if not a great job.
It sounds more natural and alive to me.

One thing I miss in RO is a terrefying scream of a bayonet charge.
I agree "Suuuuuuki" was a great voice/insult, although not perticular frighting :p

Upvote 0