• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ok, THIS bug takes the cake!

Stahlhelmii

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
This one was just fabulous on Red October Factory today. I select axis side and choose assault, not bothering to look at the weapon, since it defaults to the allmighty Mkb42(h). Well, I spawn, run to a defensive area, take aim, and realize that I'm carrying an AVT!

So, I tabbed to check what team I'm on and, sure enough, I'm on Axis. My German teammates aren't killing me, so obviously I appear German to them. I proceed to kill a few Russians, then move to flank them. I chuck a few nades, and find that I'm chucking Russian pineapple frags! This just keeps getting better ...

Anyway, after I die, I go to select class and, sure enough, the assault class options for me -- as AXIS -- are AVT & ppsh. But, checking the other classes, they're the proper, GERMAN weapons.

When in Rome, right? I pick the ppsh as a GERMAN assault class ... same thing all over. Well, the game quickly ends, and I find that all my kills were TK's!

Mind you, throughout the game, I hit "T" and the German objectives show up as friendly. I appear German to my teammates. Classes other than assault have normal, german options. My score shows on the scoreboard as Axis, and my kills properly as kills. There is absolutely NO DOUBT I am part of the Axis team. AFTER the game, we Germans win, I show up as dishonorable, with no kills and several tk's.

What the heck kind of bug is this???

Last edited:
Out of curiostiy, what was your ping on this server? Was there any noticeable system or server lag?

Sometimes latency causes wacky stuff to happen (that should be fixed of course). I was playing on a less than ideal server today and had my map get messed up and only display on half the screen, and lately I keep spawning with the wrong weapon.

Upvote 0
Out of curiostiy, what was your ping on this server? Was there any noticeable system or server lag?

Sometimes latency causes wacky stuff to happen (that should be fixed of course). I was playing on a less than ideal server today and had my map get messed up and only display on half the screen, and lately I keep spawning with the wrong weapon.

No latency, lag or ping issues, and this happened after changing maps from a normal, no such bug game. This is a BUG, not a latency issue.

Upvote 0
That probably explains why German assault slots were open for once. :)

Because I, personally, didn't take up your slot? Are you implying that I'm some sort of maniacal stalker that follows you around everywhere, diabolically taking up assault slots so that you, a complete stranger, wouldn't be able to take it up? Do you think I have henchmen for this? A group of thugs whom I pay to follow you around continually and EVERY time you log on, to make sure there are NO assault slots for you at all? Do you think I'm that randomly evil?!

....sorry, I've been watching a lot of David Mitchell lately. :D

Upvote 0
Because I, personally, didn't take up your slot? Are you implying that I'm some sort of maniacal stalker that follows you around everywhere, diabolically taking up assault slots so that you, a complete stranger, wouldn't be able to take it up? Do you think I have henchmen for this? A group of thugs whom I pay to follow you around continually and EVERY time you log on, to make sure there are NO assault slots for you at all? Do you think I'm that randomly evil?!

....sorry, I've been watching a lot of David Mitchell lately. :D

LOL, no, I meant that probably most people did the same as you and took a pass on the assault class.

P.S. I want a restraining order! :D

Upvote 0
LOL, no, I meant that probably most people did the same as you and took a pass on the assault class.

P.S. I want a restraining order! :D

No restraining order will protect you from my minion army! Prepare to meet your DOOM, you infuriatingly pleasant person!

siberian-husky-puppy-picture.jpg

BORIS!!!...GET OUT HERE!!!

Don't you look at me like that, like you have no idea what you did! You switched the demon of GRASKULL with a puppy again! How many times do I have to tell you it's impossible to be feared if you have a puppy!

No, I don't want to hear it! This is the last time you hear, or I will be very cross with you! Now tell Dimitri to fetch the mutated, radioactive kangaroo dolphins while I make sure the victim stays put.

...ahem

Would you like some tea?

/offtopic (sorry)

Upvote 0
Red october is bugged for the german assault class. Every single time I've played as German on that map its been that way. Three assault classes no matter if theres 32 players on the team, and russian assault loadout. I like the 3 assault class for 64 players thing I wouldn't mind if that was standard throughout the game. But obviously this map is bugged for Germans and needs to be fixed...

Upvote 0