• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS OK, more little irks in this great game

ROII4Me

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Why is it I go to reload, say an M-1 or B.A.R. and I will go through the entire automated graphic of replacing the ammo in the magazine and loading the first round by pulling back the bolt, BUT if I go to move into firing position 100th of 1 second too early, when I go to fire I am not only without ammo in my weapon but I must go through the entire graphic all over again, even though my toon just put a new clip in my weapon?

And far worse, why at other times if I go to fire on an approaching enemy and I happen to be out of ammo, I automatically go into the reload automated graphic and nothing - FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD - nothing will allow me to stop reloading so I can melee or switch to my pistol to save my skin and I just have to watch my toon try to put a new clip in my weapon about as slow as molassas while that enemy moves and kills my smelly *** as I am frantically pushing buttons to make the graphic end?

Is there some setting to turn off automatic reload?

OK there. I feel much better. Now back to the game.

should and do, stop the reload. end of problem.

I don't think that's what he means. When you go to reload, after you put the magazine in and pulled back the bolt to load the gun (in reality the gun is now loaded), if you go prone or sprint a millisecond too early you have to reload again, which doesn't make sense. You basically take out a full magazine and load a second round in the chamber.

Upvote 0