• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ok finally we get the perfect KF

That's a big side effect you will get when making a game like this harder, it isn't really suitable for pub play.

Maybe they need a few extra difficulty levels in between, it's all well and good for those people (like me) who play with people you know IRL and can use teamwork for hard missions - but pubs are a whole new story. Also pubs are when new players will start, so they need to get a good impression.

Honestly I reckon they need two modes, kinda like an 'Arcade' mode and a 'Hardcore' mode. Arcade mode could be setup for pubs making it more forgiving when players don't work as a team. They could do other interesting things with that.

Upvote 0
I wish there was a way to play without updating, I was having sooo much more fun before the first patch.

Give me the patch-zero shotgun any day, I don't see why some people feel the need to ruin the fun people were having with the shotgun by yelling for nerfs.

They really went the wrong way with patches, they should have taken the original game, fixed the glitches, buffed the weapons/perks that needed it and fixed the AI. Instead they did the later and made the game less enjoyable for those of us that enjoy blasting zombies away with shotguns.

Because something isn't right when you went into a server, and all 6 players are support specalists excluding yourself.

Upvote 0
Posting in a troll thread.

I think you doing a great job but not here, you should stick to your zerks guide instead of making a pointless post, please stay on topic.
What makes me a troll, just because i don't like the new updates? I thought this was a democratic society where people can disagree to the current changes and express their opinions. IMHO i think your zerker's guide is useless and i don't say anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I used to be quite content with KF, but that's since changed. I absolutely love it now- Hard actually lives up to its name, and Suicidal really is nearly that. The shotgun needed to be reigned in, and the monsters needed a good retuning, as they had become way to well read and controlled. Now, as mentioned before, KF really requires teamwork. I'm perfectly willing to sit around in a server now and laugh at the people who separate from the group trying to boost their score rather than survive- typically they do not last long anymore.

Upvote 0
that's saying it

Personal opinion is not considered as a statements of fact. I don't know what part of that you don't understand. His post to the reader, is a direct acusation with hopes to ignite a flame war and get this thread trashed i don't know why people who would just bother post single liners, may be just to get their post count up...

To stay on topic yes the game is harder and the lack of team work shows more in the earlier waves than before but i guess there should be like a bonus for the last survivor just so we can make it through the round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Because something isn't right when you went into a server, and all 6 players are support specalists excluding yourself.

Doesn't bother me. If everyone is playing support because it is the most fun then I don't see what the problem is.

Rather than take the fun out of support, they should have added fun into the other perks and made them more attractive.

I dunno about you but I like to play games for fun. Obviously the problem is that everyone finds fun in different ways and it's the developers job to identify those and implement them. Anyhow it's still a good game, but I've lost hope that it will be a great game for me. Maybe KF2 will be planned out a bit better.

Upvote 0
I used to play as support, but it got pretty boring because its just so easy, the shotguns tear through the zombies, scrakes / fps arnt even an issue once you get to 5 :(
I personally enjoy Tripwires games and I plan to purchase there next games, now KF is still a growing game, plenty of changes are coming. Addition of new items, skins , maps , mods , modes. I think Kf will continue to be a good game, although atm I haven't been playing lately because Im waiting for that ak47 :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well see the problem wasn't support, it was really just the KF mechanics in first place.

For example there are no ranged mobs, if there were then sharpshooters would be much more useful. The problem is that most perks are actually trying to fill the same role, which is pretty much the role of the support perk.

If they had ranged mobs then the sharpshooter would have a clearly defined role (apart from taking out screamers). They still need to come up with roles for the other classes, medic is fairly obvious but limited, maybe they could have added a revive mechanic, and only medics can revive people.

Anyhow, I can't really see them changing KF too much, so hopefully they plan some cool things for KF2.

Upvote 0