• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Oh Dear.

mamoo

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
East Sussex, England
Shot00154.jpg

'nuff said.

Think of all that money... It could have gone to small African kiddies with AIDS...

Reactions: YoYoBatty
I don't mind doom2, it's actually pretty fun, but i find it funny how many servers they have dedicated to one map.
It's the beginning of the end. It starts with a couple harmless "24/7" servers for this map or that map. Before you know it every server on the listing is dedicated to just one map and you have to hunt around for that one-in-a-million that's just a normal rotational server.

The 24/7 server is a worse scourge than any virus. It makes me wonder if the man who first thought of the idea knew what he was creating, or if it was a Horzine situation where what seemed like a good idea just got way out of control... >.>

Upvote 0
Doom2 is fun, its more for casual players imo. Too bad most of BWH servers are normal and few are hard. Would play doom2 more often if they had suicidal servers, but then again, its a pretty easy map.

Actually anything up to 230 is fine, well at least for me it is.

Nowadays its either doom2/defence-b4 servers or official maps servers, rarely any other custom maps servers unlike before when i started. Those were pretty fun, trying out new maps with random people, always stayed on ya toes coz god knows where something might pop out, or just admiring the work of mappers going like "woooooooow....awweeessoooommme -comaryu's ears popped :eek: - , or running into a dead end when an oh **** situation arises.

Upvote 0
The problem goes both ways. Our custom rotation server almost only gets people on it when we decide in the clan we want to play there, our standard rotation servers are full when they are on normal, half full on hard and empty on suicidal.

But I swear that the server goes offline before Doom or Defence gets even into the /maps folder

Upvote 0
I knew Doom would still be too easy...
It is the very first map of the game after all.

...now if we could get KF in Underhalls or Refueling Base... or any of Sandy Peterson's maps in Doom 1...

As for not playing other custom maps, it's just that a lot of us don't want to sit through the downloading without any guarantee that the map won't suck.

Upvote 0
it was only a matter of time......hey, maybe they finally got a coder that was able to impliment their "whitelist bypass" and instant leveling is back? :rolleyes:

I'll do anything that involves programming/coding but I will never take part in a whitelist bypass. I mean c'mon bypassing that whitelist? Only a complete noob at programming would do that ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Discoisntdead
Upvote 0