• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ofp and bodycount canned

Cyper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
Sweden
As some of you may now codemasters operation flashpoint series have been canned along with bodycount. I haven't played bodycount myself, but from the trailers, it looks like rubbish. Regarding red river it was doomed from the beginning.. dragon rising had potential, but it ended out into nothing, because a lot were promised but never done. Its totally nuts that dragon rising sold over one million copies while red river only sold 2-3,000 copies. Yesterday I got an pm on my youtube account with a new video from ''redriverchannel''.

What the channel have done is basicly to upload every interview and revealed a lot of lies. Pretty much blows my mind. HOW can someone be this stupid? because everything that is said is lies. What boggles me most is 'This is a sequel to the EXTREMELY popular Operation Flashpoint: Cold war crisis''. Codemasters didnt even develop the first game.

To bad the game was called operation flashpoint. If it was called something else and if it was a diffrent dev team the game would probably be alive today. Because I recently played though dragon rising and it was decent as tactical shooter (but not polished at all) but really bad as operation flashpoint. It did have potential. Its beyond all how its even possible to screw up this much. Its funny how they lost almost one million of sales when they made the game more ''fun''.

Just a sidenote.. there is a lot of internal community humor so it may not be obvious what the meaning of it is.

Operation Flashpoint: Red River - Fail of the year - YouTube

And this is the cancelled bodycount
Bodycount Gameplay Trailer - E3 2010 - YouTube[/URL]

Have anyone of you played these games? WHat do you think? What is your opinion? How was bodycount? Have anyone played red river (I never bought it)

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-09-14-codemasters-to-close-guildford-studio

Last edited:
I played a lot of Dragon Rising and thought it was fun. So to each their own i guess.

Ever played the original OFP? Dragon Rising doesnt have got half the features the original OFP had.
Even funnier, Red River doesnt even have half the features Dragon Rising has.
Codemasters as a company deserves to die.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
Black wasn't even good, really...this bodycount looks exactly the same. The whole point of it is to blow **** up with 50 round mags and it looks like that's what they did from this trailer.

No, it is different. I've completed BLACK many times and I know the difference.
BLACK is quite honestly one of THE best FPS' that has ever come out and it's console exclusive (as far as I know).

Upvote 0
Codemasters have put the last nail in the coffin. You would need to spend a quite good amount of money on marketing in order to scrubb away the dirt Codemasters have washed over the brands name. I don't think BIS will fight just for the sake of a name that nowdays means nothing. The real Operation Flashpoint is still out there but with another name.

Upvote 0