• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Offline achievements and leveling up

So me and my girlfrend like to go to my villa with our laptops, light up the fire, pour whiskey in our glasses and play killing floor and have sex for the whole weekend. The problem is that there is no internet there so we play on LAN and we don't level up nor win any achievements during our offline play. It is not a problem for me because I am almost lvl6 at any perk but she wants to level and we mostly play there so is there a way to make the game level up when you play without internet connection? We don't want to cheat or anything just to be able to level up when we play offline ...

So me and my girlfrend like to go to my villa with our laptops, light up the fire, pour whiskey in our glasses and play killing floor and have sex for the whole weekend. The problem is that there is no internet there so we play on LAN and we don't level up nor win any achievements during our offline play. It is not a problem for me because I am almost lvl6 at any perk but she wants to level and we mostly play there so is there a way to make the game level up when you play without internet connection? We don't want to cheat or anything just to be able to level up when we play offline ...

Levelling offline should work anyway. Levels are client sided. Some achievements aswell should be obtainable in offline mode and will update to your steam account when you go online.

Upvote 0

Dude, believe me, there won't be any sex, if you start to play KF. You'll end up gaming until 3AM and fall asleep immediately after leaving you computers (or even at them). If you want to have a good time with your girlfriend during a weekend, forget that computers even exist.

Upvote 0
I also have the same problem. Except it's even worse, stats don't save in solo even if I am signed in.

It's like this for me since hillbilly horror rollback. I can't get any achievements offline nor level up (have only 2 summer achievements left so it doesn't really bother me).

I don't play solo anyway, but it was annoying I had to get all the christmas achies on random servers.

Upvote 0
Levelling offline should work anyway. Levels are client sided. Some achievements aswell should be obtainable in offline mode and will update to your steam account when you go online.

Steam friends offline is quite different than actually offline. Perks are not client side and will not load if there is no net.

Unless you don't have net at that location there's nothing stopping you from giving the router WAN. There shouldn't be any problem with multiple clients using Steam services from the same IP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is it. When I play solo I level up no matter if there is internet or not. But if we play on lan we don't level up :( ... we usually play by creating adhoc network ...

What if I make a hotspot with my phone? I have unlimited constant 3G internet but it is very very slow (128kbps). If we connect to this network but play on LAN will we be able to level up? And will it lag like hell? Logically this could work because we will be connected to Steam but we will be playing on our own local area network.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is it. When I play solo I level up no matter if there is internet or not. But if we play on lan we don't level up :( ... we usually play by creating adhoc network ...

What if I make a hotspot with my phone? I have unlimited constant 3G internet but it is very very slow (128kbps). If we connect to this network but play on LAN will we be able to level up? And will it lag like hell? Logically this could work because we will be connected to Steam but we will be playing on our own local area network.

As of recently the game saves a read-only copy locally to allow use of what you already have in the event there is no net. This may be what you saw.

WAN speed shouldn't have any effect on internal LAN performance. It's only being used to retrieve client data to first enable modification during the session and then apply those changes when it ends. The client-server path is never leaving the LAN.

Upvote 0