• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Officially pulling out of the modding community

Yomommassis

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Palmdale, CA USA
Not sure If anyone remembers me here but I am Yomommassis, retired Killing Floor modder of script, modeling, and animation

I just deleted the last remaining backups (that I am aware of) to all my mods/unreleased mods, scripts, codes, animations and models

And seeing as Mega Upload was my primary source of file storage I don't Imagine that all of my released work is still floating around

Realizing the weight of what I was actually deleting in terms of time committed I felt like I had to say some finals words

It has been a lot of fun to be a part of the Killing Floor modding community, Worked with a lot of great people (excluding Tripwire of course since they seemed to of ignored me during my tour), A lot of things I wish I could have done/had time to do, A lot of great ideas I wish I could have seen implemented, a lot of mods I wish I could have finished

and of course that god awful hard drive failure which I blame for my initial reason to drop out of the modding scene...

To anyone who doesn't know me here are bullet point posts I've done here on the forum (Note the date of these posts..I'm an older modder)

My old game modding youtube channel

Youtube.com/user/Supercon57

At the peek of my modding I decided to go to school for Game Software and Development to get a better grasp of coding, to be taught by masters of the craft who have worked in the industry and better myself as a modder. After getting more and more into modeling and animation I decided to take the leap and switch in to Game Art and Design so that I could better my ability to create fluid animations in my mods..but as my financial situation was no where near perfect I was forced to drop out of college due my payments becoming unrealistic.

Going to school and working at the same time was the worst thing I ever did..It did absolutely nothing for me but take away all my time and ultimately make me lose interest in modding..and give me a $14,000 student loan over my head.

I wish the best to all of you modders, but as for me I'll have to get back to my new passion..Photography/Videography/Cinematography.

If anyone would like to add me you can follow me here on Facebook

Facebook.com/JohnLeeStills

Or follow me here on Tumblr

CinemaJohn.Tumblr.com/
(^My most popular image^)

The one and only,
Yomommassis

Last edited:
Why did you wipe your assets from existence instead of uploading them here for others to use and learn from? :confused:

100% agree

You may want to check to see if your PM's are working mate, as I contacted you a long time ago about the machete throw thing and never heard anything back.
To flame TWI for not responding to you, there must have been a reason for it, as they are usually quite sociable. We have spoken to Yoshiro on TS and have played with him on the servers, quite a few times, so it may have been down to the questions that you asked, or the way that you asked them?

Either that, or they were just really busy at the time and as we have seen ourselves, Yoshiro's inbox, gets full in a matter of days and he has to delete posts.
He has even apologised many times for this and explained why he may not be able to respond to every PM.

I can understand why you are quitting modding, as it is very time consuming, (if you want it to be) and if you had looked at this as a future career, I am afraid to say it doesn't always pan out that way.

But to go out, with such a dramatic exit, I do not understand? why delete your work? why not leave it there and have it on a portfolio in the future?
or as Ben stated, why not share it, so that others can continue the work?

Upvote 0