• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official First Statement on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

So, I have already seen that pcgamer, and now want to ask developers one question:
In one screen two german soldiers took cover gears of wars style, also it was written that "first person cover system" will be added. Does it mean that RO2 will have GoW cover system, but it will be from first person?
ofcourse it ll be good on consols, but on pc it will be sh*t. Ostfront has the best covering system, that based only on skill, so don t touch it pls :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, I have already seen that pcgamer, and now want to ask developers one question:
In one screen two german soldiers took cover gears of wars style, also it was written that "first person cover system" will be added. Does it mean that RO2 will have GoW cover system, but it will be from first person?
ofcourse it ll be good on consols, but on pc it will be sh*t. Ostfront has the best covering system, that based only on skill, so don t touch it pls :D
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hiho,

Well, maybe its too early to make any judgements at all.

But if it will be like i suspect it to be from that article, i think i will not be part of it. Should attract these types of gamers who always jump for new fancy graphics... something i don't really give a dime about.

Maybe i will buy it, just as a thank you for the nice time i had with with roost and ro:ca, but i suspect it not to be the drug and time waster these two have been to me.

Which is, after all, a good thing :). Thx TWI! And good luck with it!

greetz,
gitano

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not too comfortable with the game having a cover system. According to PCG it's going to have single player, will this be a proper single player or a Battlefield bot kill fest?

Newest Brothers in arms has pretty good cover system, only downfall is that it has the 3rd person overview. I'm not too worried about that feature.

Singleplayer is a different story tho. I don't really care about that, but I guess it's fine if it's not the main point of the game.

Upvote 0
you know a cover system might simply mean that instead of just standing next to a wall like in current ro you actually hug the wall.
Yes I presume so, but you'll be able to blindly fire your weapon as I've read...
Which probably means the suppression part of gameplay must have been rigorously changed aswell.

Upvote 0