• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official First Statement on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Dunno if its been mentioned, but see Killzone 2 for how a first person cover system works. They scrapped it for multiplayer because they felt that it slowed down gameplay, but Killzone 2 is obviously much more arcadey than RO. It works rather well, its better than leaning half your body out of a door and BAM you've got a bullet in you and you're dead.

Upvote 0
Dunno if its been mentioned, but see Killzone 2 for how a first person cover system works. They scrapped it for multiplayer because they felt that it slowed down gameplay, but Killzone 2 is obviously much more arcadey than RO. It works rather well, its better than leaning half your body out of a door and BAM you've got a bullet in you and you're dead.
No that is a bad idea. Brothers in Arms HH didn't need that, the game is a first person game. Let's not turn red orchestra into a third person shootout.

Upvote 0
No that is a bad idea. Brothers in Arms HH didn't need that, the game is a first person game. Let's not turn red orchestra into a third person shootout.

The first person cover system in Heroes of Stalingrad has already been confirmed, so it's not just an idea. By the way, first person means that you never leave the first person viewpoint. Hell's Highway utilizes a third person cover system.

Upvote 0
Klaus - you know better than to start raising the spectres of who raped/pillaged/burned the most on these forums. The_Emperor - don't start on such discussions.

back on topic. What you guys know about the release is just what is in our press release and PC Gamer. There will be a little more in Igromania soon - so go brush up on your Russian :)

I'm sorry, I couldnt resist.. had to answer

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its funny how things get leaked but there is no official information from the TW guys, I realy hope we will see some screenies or even a sneak peak on youtube anything will heighten the spirits of those RO fans who have devoted the last 3 years of their gaming life to the original RO.Its these guys that keep the dream alive and whom eagerly await the new UT3 RO, will it live up to the standards of the original and please oh please TW dont dumb it down to much as its the steep learning curve from the original RO that I forged my Uberness.
TOG|OB3R
where is my sig?

Last edited:
Upvote 0