• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official First Statement on Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

At the end, our characters should understand that they are fighting for evil, and surrender to Soviets.

*cough* *cough*

To state right from start I'm no fascist, neither a supporter of fascism.

But to state out that Germans should understand that They are fighting as the evil ones, is something wrong in my eyes. If you want to go for another "The Fascist German Beasts destroyed our peaceful Russian motherland", you should join up with the Sgt. Reznov Fan Club at Call of Duty WaW.
From my point the most thing I wished to see after the Final Scene was a tortured dead Reznov. It's a lie that Russia was peaceful and peacekeeping. Russians who today state that things weren't like they are told to the world, are threatened to their life for telling the different truth. May be you've heard of Victor Suworow who fled from the USSR, cause they wanted to kill him just because he stated the different truth. Read his books, he's right.

Acutally I always loved Red Orchestra for being unpolitical, for being not such a "The Allies are the Gods"-Game like the MoH or CoD series.

I don't want to see this in Red Orchestra. It shall not become another game like the ones mentioned above. I don't need warmongers, who are perverts like Reznov in Red Orchestra.

Why not show the rough treatment the Germans received from the captors? Why not let the player march towards Siberia and then fall into the snow and being shot by one of the trackguards? That'd be still no good end for Germany but way better than your suggestion, in the eyes of mine and many others with whom I've written this.

Thanks for reading.

Upvote 0
Gotta love those "my soldiers are - stronger/more evil/ more powerful/ raped more/ killed more/ more beautiful/ wear nicer uniform/ fought for greater evil/ fought against greater evil/ more rude then your soldiers!" arguments

but seriously, the fact that the Russians destroyed, raped and pillaged most things in their way doesnt mean that Germany wasnt teh evil.

Upvote 0
I think it would be best to depict, that no side is fighting for good or evil.
In the end its just human soldiers being deprived of their humanity, for a cause of the higher ups where at that point either side wont believe in anymore and its just survival.

I can argue that, a soldier can recieve orders to a certain level- when the orders are crimes (like burning a village on all its people) and he follows them, it makes him a criminal like his superiors.

Upvote 0
34469675.jpg

thats my first ever fan art ...

Upvote 0
I can argue that, a soldier can recieve orders to a certain level- when the orders are crimes (like burning a village on all its people) and he follows them, it makes him a criminal like his superiors.

No doubt on this, but have you yet thought of what often has happened when a soldier denied doing this? His family,: wife & children, his parents & brother(s) & sister(s) often went to prison or even concentration camp. The eventual widow's annuity wasn't paid. This was a very hard choice back then.
I can truely understand the men who chose killing "foreign" people rather than bringing harm to their family.
And I believe no one should nowadays from our current point of view state that one sides were the only bad ones. Zetsumei has yet said it in excellent words, I don't need to repeat. :)

Upvote 0
Klaus - you know better than to start raising the spectres of who raped/pillaged/burned the most on these forums. The_Emperor - don't start on such discussions.

back on topic. What you guys know about the release is just what is in our press release and PC Gamer. There will be a little more in Igromania soon - so go brush up on your Russian :)

Upvote 0
Klaus - you know better than to start raising the spectres of who raped/pillaged/burned the most on these forums. The_Emperor - don't start on such discussions.

back on topic. What you guys know about the release is just what is in our press release and PC Gamer. There will be a little more in Igromania soon - so go brush up on your Russian :)

plz dont make me depend on google translate:(

Upvote 0
The_Emperor - don't start on such discussions.

I never meant to, no offense against anyone here, just defending my ancestors :)

@Klaus, I'm sure you have a good historical knowledge, we should discuss some more stuff in the other forums together, what ya say?

@Nestor Makhno, Is "Igromania" a Russian magazine? I don't think it's a copyright infringement to get the original Russian in.

Regards
The_Emperor

Upvote 0