• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

Official Dwarfs?! Axe Balance Thread

• Total voters

Trotskygrad

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2011
on top of corner ruins
Is the axe balanced?

IMO it's not, you probably can use it to insta-environmental kill specimens and on maps like suburbia you can abuse it to use raged flesh pounds to kill specimens for you simply by knocking them off the roof over and over, and they clear the route for you.

Also like said before, juggle potential on raged specimens is ludicrous, despite small range, etc.

Last edited:
Imbalanced, they should remove knockback altogether, or at least remove it for FP's and Scrakes.

Remove knockback, increase damage and headshot damage (the reach is pathetic and laughable, along with the fact it's attack is slower then the Claymore it's matching with), make it a FP Scrake hunter, but suckish against trash.

Upvote 0
Remove knockback, increase damage and headshot damage (the reach is pathetic and laughable, along with the fact it's attack is slower then the Claymore it's matching with), make it a FP Scrake hunter, but suckish against trash.

hmm idk, I think knockback is the only interesting attribute of this weapon so it should be retained in some way for larger specimens

having a massive charge up and recover time (like the sledge in zombie master) could be a good idea.

Upvote 0

Wouldn't you think the short reach and the long swing time is a good thing, given that it has knockback?

Upvote 0
I think it's fine. I like to think of it like a Anti-Scrake/FP/Husk weapon. But it's weakness is trash zeds.

FP can still hit you when you knock him back, but if you're skilled enough to time the hits well, you won't be hit at all, which is a nice reward for being skilled. Same goes with scrakes, altough alot easier to do than fp's since their range is longer.

Upvote 0
Overall It's rather awful on the harder difficulties, on lower difficulties you may call it OP when everything is so slow the knockback makes it easy, but get real, on lower difficulties everything is OP (such as a flamethrower) so I could never call this weapon overpowered in any way on HoE. It's rate of fire and reach is completely awful in every aspect, the knockback is negligible on HoE as the knockback itself wakes up any stunned opponent, may it be 2-3 gorefasts you knock back they are already back in your face and have to take imminent damage. As for scrakes and FPs, really? scrakes? the alt fire stuns the scrake just as axe/claymore/scythe, why in the world would anyone want to use the knockback feature on the scrake? As for FPs, It's not easy to juggle them properly especially in a game, I actually don't think its overpowered, in theory you can juggle them without taking damage, but in a game with other specimens around easily interfere and it's timely for a berserker to kill the fp. If you call the knockback on FPs OP for a zerk then you might as well cry about kiting the fp, takes just as long and easier to do without taking damage. It's more of a novelty weapon because at it's current state its performance is lacking compared to the claymore. My suggestion since it's just as strong as the claymore, keep the Alt fire at it's current fire rate (1.4 compared to claymore's 1.25) and lower its weak primary fire to 1.1 (compared to claymore's 1.05). that way it will actually be a decent weapon without being overpowered. it's horribad range is penalty enough (seriously you have about the same range as a machete when using it)

Upvote 0
My suggestion since it's just as strong as the claymore, keep the Alt fire at it's current fire rate (1.4 compared to claymore's 1.25) and lower its weak primary fire to 1.1 (compared to claymore's 1.05). that way it will actually be a decent weapon without being overpowered. it's horribad range is penalty enough (seriously you have about the same range as a machete when using it)

slowing down the primary fire might be good so you can't juggle without taking damage... best solution imo

totally removing the knockback would make it boring

I've got no problem with it. You won't survive wielding that thing alone, it is simply too slow and heavy to deal with all the smaller critters.

that's why I'd carry a scythe/katana with it for longer reach and trash clearing.

Upvote 0
The juggle aspect isn't bad honestly, you try juggling a full 6 player health fleshpound while its raging at you in the game and see how well it goes for you, guarentee you will take damage almost every single time. the axe is currently completely useless compared to the claymore, claymore is MUCH MUCH faster, Has a longer reach, Wider arc for the cleave, and does about the same damage per swing, But compare the DPS, Claymore gives a huge 704 Damage per second, dwarf axe which gives 575 damage per second, at a short reach with no arc.

Upvote 0
I actually think the Dorf's axe and the Zed gun are pretty balanced.

The Dorf axe isn't a combat-efficient weapon at all in comparision to all the other zerk weapons, and it has a unique ability.

The Zed gun does not have any perks tied to it, it has a unique utility, its price and upkeep requires teamwork to meet, and the weapon's very usage is all about teamwork. It's not even that powerful.

Upvote 0