• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Official - Custom - Mission Map button

avp2501

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
It would be great if you could add Buttons which sort out the map selection screen into different categories such as Official Maps / Custom Maps / Mission Maps.

All these maps could be stored in different directories such as:
/Maps/Custom
/Maps/Mission
/Maps/Official

Here's an example of another game which uses a similar system.

EAW1.jpg

EAW2.jpg

Yes and no.

the example, you have is from a RTS game, right?

Since we are talking about a serverlist, it's not just 1 map, but multiple maps on the server. Some servers only have officials. Some have only customs and then we have the servers, which official and custom maps, so it goes both ways.

So it should be more like sorting out which servers has the official maps only. Offical- and custom maps and then custom maps only.

I'd also see these sorting options

A sorting list for lantenty
A sorting list for server region
A sorting list for how many waves
A sorting list for server, who either has or hasn't players in it (though it's not that useful in Killing Floor)

Upvote 0
This would actually be a good idea cos I have huge amount of maps in my map list, with sometimes a dozen different versions of a map so its frustrating having to scroll through all that just to find the original ones. For example, atm I have bioticslab, bioticslab_lightsout_v1, bioticslab_lightsout_v2...bioticslab_lightsout_v6, bioticslab_MK, bioticslab_flicker (some test map of mine..), bioticslab_2005 and maybe some others that I fail to remember. So thats at least 9 different Biotics Labs not counting the original :p

So yeah this would be a great addition to those who have hundreds of maps, so we could find the original ones faster. I dont know how they would separate mission maps from the other custom maps tho, unless you have to organize the maps by yourself in the correct folders, instead of having automated system to do it for you?

Upvote 0
This would actually be a good idea cos I have huge amount of maps in my map list, with sometimes a dozen different versions of a map so its frustrating having to scroll through all that just to find the original ones. For example, atm I have bioticslab, bioticslab_lightsout_v1, bioticslab_lightsout_v2...bioticslab_lightsout_v6, bioticslab_MK, bioticslab_flicker (some test map of mine..), bioticslab_2005 and maybe some others that I fail to remember. So thats at least 9 different Biotics Labs not counting the original :p

So yeah this would be a great addition to those who have hundreds of maps, so we could find the original ones faster. I dont know how they would separate mission maps from the other custom maps tho, unless you have to organize the maps by yourself in the correct folders, instead of having automated system to do it for you?
Offtopic:
I found a server who had your lightsout v1. It's ridiculously dark and so much fun when there is 100% FF on :p

I have to ask.
What are you talking about?
How can you select all the custom maps, you have downloaded, when you want to create a server? I can only see the standard maps and when I actually host one, I get a steam error, which prevents me from using my perks even after I close down the server again.

Upvote 0