• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Offering Help for Customs to go Official

Montegoomba

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 13, 2020
I've been designing maps for the community since release and am absolutely infatuated with its gameplay and aesthetic. I have a real passion to bring content to the players and have released a vast array of maps, one of which placed honorable mention in the 2nd round of the contest. I took part in the Talivisota mod, bringing the community Suomussalmi and soon enough, Ranta, a reimagining of Cu Chi in the Finnish winter. There's also my recent work in the past months of porting RO2 and RS1 official/custom maps to the game, for the community to enjoy once again. Finally, to top it off I've got in contact with some of my old peers who created maps alongside me, requesting their permission to bring their maps back with updates, catching them up for online play.

Where the real shame lies is that custom content hasn't always been obvious enough for most players. This leads to many fantastic customs not often seeing the light of day. What I'd love to offer here is my ability to work not for pay, but for the community. For us to enjoy additional content without relying solely on the developers to put out an update. If there is a current level designer working under Rising Storm 2 at Tripwire, my goal would be to have them analyze the maps I suggest and reply with all feedback necessary for them to reach official status. As of now, I've worked tirelessly with the Hardcore Gaming community in order to balance these maps the best I can for continual play. Below are some maps I'd suggest we'd check out for official status, obviously starting small with one.

Vietnam-Era Creations
----------------------
VNTE-Phan Khang (Updated version of the honorable mention in 2nd round of competition, Phan Cong)
VNTE-District
VNTE-Operation Valkyrie (With content creator Waitumus' permission)
VNTE-Operation Spearhead (With content creator Waitumus' permission)
VNTE-An Cuu Bridges (With content creator Rekruts' permission)

I'm also open to working on maps which placed in the competition, we just could really use this content.

RO2 / RS1 Ports
---------------
VNTE-Soviet Sub Base (Custom map Sub Base from RS1)
VNTE-Slums (Port of Apartments from RO2)
VNTE-Operation Dragon (Port of Kobura from RS1)