• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] of the year [2011 Edition]

of the year [2011 Edition]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And Skyrim by a landslide.

None of these other games can hold a candle. Sure, individual components (graphics, story, gameplay) might be better, but as a collective whole no one else pulls it all together quite as well as Skyrim. In scope, quality, and ambition, it's miles ahead of everything else.
Dark Souls does, when it comes to DS vs ESV for GOTY its a bit like 2001 vs Empire Strikes Back for best sci-fi...
:p

Upvote 0
Dark Souls does, when it comes to DS vs ESV for GOTY its a bit like 2001 vs Empire Strikes Back for best sci-fi...
:p

I love both games.

The combat/gameplay, satisfaction, level of immersion and originality goes to Dark Souls.

But the graphics, the exploration, the established lore, the amount of content and all the little things that makes a TES game good... I have to give the price to Skyrim, though I wouldn't go as far as saying that is "miles ahead of everything else".

BTW, there is a perk called "Dark Souls" in Skyrim =P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Modern Warfare 3. Most innovative shooter thus far with the highest replayability of our time. Revolutionary for games all around the world if I do dare say.
Make as much fun of it as you like, I for one don't regret buying the PS3 version full price. SP campaign was good entertainment, SpecOps offline with friends awesome as usual and MP can be a blast if played with the right amount of players+proper gamemodes+on proper maps. Certainly not GOTY though.

Upvote 0
Ya know, I been playing through The Old Republic, could this beat Skyrim? The answer is no...
My Life As A Bounty Hunter - YouTube
I wanted to to edited down the footage I had but I had to get across how much talking there is in this game, far too much and if you think the dialogue drags in this video then you will hate the full game where its even longer. Pretty much everyone I talk to is annoying (why is my bounty crew so chirpy?), the Light/Dark side points are dumb (you get Light Side points doing what the employer wants rather than taking a bribe) and worse still I cant believe this cost the GDP of a small country to make this, they should have just made a single player game rather than this madness...

Upvote 0
I hope Bioware goes bankrupt
Nope.

1) The Mass Effect team should go on the way they intend to, they never disappointed me so far.

2) Mike Laidlaw should be shot and the Dragon Age franchise put back in the hands of DA: Origins leaders

3) The next C&C could be awesome if it has SC2-esque inbetween customization/character introduction.

Upvote 0
3) The next C&C could be awesome if it has SC2-esque inbetween customization/character introduction.

Lol

Bioware a studio that has never made an RTS and makes console RPG's.

EA who completely whored out the series and finally killed it with the cnc4 one of the worst games ever made.

The few talented people who made cnc generals and the few good bits of cnc3 and ra3 were hired by blizzard.

There is just zero chance of it being anything but ****. Even if they try to emulate sc2 they will just embarrass themselves.

Upvote 0
Nope.

1) The Mass Effect team should go on the way they intend to, they never disappointed me so far.
Oh they will, trust me...

2) Mike Laidlaw should be shot and the Dragon Age franchise put back in the hands of DA: Origins leaders
They have left....

lolwut

Upvote 0
BioWare made ONE mis-step and that was DA2. It was heavily criticized and they took note. But of course, if you're a bitter, life-hating individual and take that personal you can always look away from the reality and instead generalize it and suddenly BioWare is the most evil dev studio on the planet.

Let's just hate everything

Upvote 0
Yeah, Bioware really pissed me off with DA2. It looked like they had their console franchise (Mass Effect) and their PC Franchise (Dragon Age) and both were perfect for their respective systems. Mass Effect 2 was great, but then they tried to jam tactical click action bar combat onto a console and totally butt****ed DA2. Very disappointing.

Upvote 0
Skyrim is the only one that lived up to the hype form the media and myself.

None of the other games this year came close. Brink, Rage, RO2 were total busts. Deus Ex was quite fun and interesting. BF3 was as fun as I expect it to be and I haven't touched MW3 and don't plan on it. The Witcher 2 had potential but the HDD i had it on died and I couldn't be assed to reinstall it, might play it again some day. It was fun but I didn't enjoy it as much as others did. If I'd played more of it, maybe.

Upvote 0