• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Odd sound, particularly when firing MKb 42

Fisher

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2011
Crawley, England
I don't quite know how to describe it. It sounds as though it cracks the sound. It actually hurts my ears. Anyone else get this, or have a better description of it?

defektive

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
UK
Yes, constantly; when firing and being shot at with it. The sound effect is 100% louder than any other weapon and it clips viciously, sounding like an ear-splitting grind; it almost sounds like white noise. It's like someone has taken a wav and ramped up all of the levels to, and beyond, the point of distortion. There is also a noticable drop in frame rate when the thing is farting away inside a building.

Reise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
Yeah it gets overdone to the point of static.

It's the only weapon sound that does it too.

Hopefully it'll be looked over.

Reactions: TheGoden

marsy333

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
Australia
Yeah it gets overdone to the point of static.

It's the only weapon sound that does it too.

Hopefully it'll be looked over.
I don't have a problem with it. As in it doesn't happen to me. What sound channels setting are you guys using?

LMAOser

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
I don't quite know how to describe it. It sounds as though it cracks the sound. It actually hurts my ears. Anyone else get this, or have a better description of it?
The Mkb? Does it sound as though you're ruining someone else's experience? Nah I'm just kidding. lol

LHeureux

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 24, 2011
Yes I got this too, the sound becomes disturbed and sound like white noise and is really loud.

Reise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 1, 2006
Maine, US
I don't have a problem with it. As in it doesn't happen to me. What sound channels setting are you guys using?
You notice it more if you're around a couple guys shooting at the same time.

All default sound settings here, btw.

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
It's quite old bug.. I almost forgot about it existence because I mostly play clanwars where prototypes are not allowed. On public I mostly see more Mkbs than riflemans so I avoid it.

Ahoyhoy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 10, 2011
This will never be fixed, very old bug, TW denies it's existance.
Is this an exaggeration? Every time i mention it in a server every one agrees.
It sounds like the mkb is firing 2 sounds for each shot, causing it to clip and distort.
Sometimes it all builds up into one massive explosion that sounds like its gonna destroy your headphones, particularly if you are spectating and you switch views