• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

October 21st Update Changelog

Awesome, that was the big thing I was waiting for, being able to limit weapons and unlocks. Now to find a server which suits my liking!
Which is kind of impossible right now, because there is no way to see what settings the server has under the custom filter.
And without a subforum for admins to advertise their server with all the settings, as I suggestioned before release, it will become a mess to find some here in the forum.

Once again as many times before, nice ideas and additions TWI but not thought through to the end.

Upvote 0
nice to see the game geting updated but i dont understand why we have to have a server unraked to get the same level of realism we had in RO1.:confused:

+1 RO1 style realism should be the standard for ranked servers, not the exception, NOBODY plays on unranked servers, not even the people who complain about this game being less realistic than RO1.
And when all the rankers have ranked up they'll leave and go and play some other game.
Clan servers will be unranked if they use the patch settings, this means they could be empty apart from the times when the clan members are playing. Clan servers need the casual players to keep their servers filled just the same as everybody else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand what problems people are having with the server browser and high ping. I see no such problems. Is this really a issue for many?
Genuinly curious.

Yes, I can't load the server list 1 time and when I refresh the list just stays empty for like 5 minutes. I have to restart the game to get a full list again, it's pathetic. I don't even start this game up anymore, I just ***** on the forums. The gameplay just isn't good enough to go through all this crap to get into a game in the 1st place. TW is rly pissing me off.

Reactions: Jason_Argo
Upvote 0
I don't understand what problems people are having with the server browser and high ping. I see no such problems. Is this really a issue for many?
Genuinly curious.

I really don't have a problem with high ping myself, but I do have a problem with the server browser. When I first open it, it works and a list of servers pops up. However, if I go to another category such as unranked, favorites, or try to refresh or refine my search, the browser shows zero servers available (same number of players though). I either have to restart the game AND Steam or wait about five minutes or so to refresh the browser before the server list shows again.

Edit: I have not tried it with the new patch, but didn't see anything in the changelog that would change that.

Upvote 0
Gameplay is still ****ty, gameplay tweaks please or this game will die...
Gameplay? Elaborate? You want it to be more like Minecraft or Fallout3? Another genre?
They can't fix it for you if you don't say exactly what gameplay you want.
I'm sure you'll get exactly the game you want if you are more specific in your requests.
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I really don't have a problem with high ping myself, but I do have a problem with the server browser. When I first open it, it works and a list of servers pops up. However, if I go to another category such as unranked, favorites, or try to refresh or refine my search, the browser shows zero servers available (same number of players though). I either have to restart the game AND Steam or wait about five minutes or so to refresh the browser before the server list shows again.
I had that during the beta for awhile. Not anymore.
I did do that thing were you had to go into the ini and fix build number after the previous patch though. But that shouldn't be an issue anymore should it? If that was still on you wouldn't get a server list at all would you?
Not asking you directly, mind you. Asking anyone that who has a clue :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The kar98 takes 5 rounds not 6, if you fire 1 round then u reload with 1 round not 2

If you fire 1 round, and then bolt your rifle you will eject the empty casing when opening the bolt, and moving the bolt close will bring a new bullet into the firing chamber.

If you then start to reload you will first need to open the bolt again, which will then eject the new new bullet that wasn't fired yet.

Meaning that at that point you need to reload 2 bullets to top it off while you only fired one bullet.

---------

When using manual bolting if you fire a shot and do not bolt your rifle.

Then when opening the breach to reload only the empty casing will eject and you will only need to load one bullet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you fire with 1 round, and then bolt you will eject the empty casing, moving the bolt close will bring a new bullet into the firing chamber.

If you then start to reload you will first need to open the bolt, which will then eject the new bullet that wasn't fired yet but was loaded into the chamber.

Meaning that at that point you need to reload 2 bullets to top it off while you only fired one bullet.

---------

When using manual bolting if you fire a shot and do not bolt your rifle.

Then when opening the breach to reload only the empty casing will eject and you will only need to load one bullet.

I don't know how many times that has been explained before. I guess you can repeat it another 1000 times, and there will still be someone saying there is a bug with reloading the kar98. :D

Upvote 0
I had that during the beta for awhile. Not anymore.
I did do that thing were you had to go into the ini and fix build number after the previous patch though. But that shouldn't be an issue anymore should it? If that was still on you wouldn't get a server list at all would you?
Not asking you directly, mind you. Asking anyone that who has a clue :)

I am actually experiencing this though rather irregularly. I know that if I keep refreshing the list many times or shift extensively between the different tabs, the servers will not load on the list anymore (or they will load but very, very slowly).

Then again, knowing this I usually join recently played servers or if it really gets twisted up, use the steam server browser :)

Under Filters > Realism Type, set it to "Custom".

Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0